Ground Driver, Am I Being Underpaid?

SmithBarney

DRA is fun to use. Follow the stop numbers and go by the DRA map. You guys will have it eventually I hope.

Actually many STA will never have DRA, and will stay on SRA. DRA cannot keep up with daily route variations, we've been told on many levels SRA is it for the smaller stations. That is just fine with me, I've seen what DRA tried to do in our station.. turned a few 8hr routes into 15hr routes...

whenIgetthere

Actually many STA will never have DRA, and will stay on SRA. DRA cannot keep up with daily route variations, we've been told on many levels SRA is it for the smaller stations. That is just fine with me, I've seen what DRA tried to do in our station.. turned a few 8hr routes into 15hr routes...

We were told the same thing because we have so many extended areas.

Purplepackage

One of our new part timers was telling me yesterday that he was considering taking a job offer to work for ground. He said pay was 900 a week, he's young about 21 so that probably seems like a lot.

I said if you enjoy working 60 hours a week for no OT Id jump it lol

STFXG

One of our new part timers was telling me yesterday that he was considering taking a job offer to work for ground. He said pay was 900 a week, he's young about 21 so that probably seems like a lot.

I said if you enjoy working 60 hours a week for no OT Id jump it lol
60 hours a week has become pretty rare. 50 is more realistic.

vantexan

I'm actually considering taking my Express pension at 55 and getting on with Ground. I'll make more than $50k, a first for me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm actually considering taking my Express pension at 55 and getting on with Ground. I'll make more than $50k, a first for me.

Can you do that? Our pension limits the number of hours per month that we can work within the same industry to 40. We couldn't retire, collect our pension and then go work for Ground. If we did they would freeze our pension until we stopped working there.

MAKAVELI

Can you do that? Our pension limits the number of hours per month that we can work within the same industry to 40. We couldn't retire, collect our pension and then go work for Ground. If we did they would freeze our pension until we stopped working there.
I know UPS drivers out here who work full time and overtime on a regular basis while collecting a full pension.

It will be fine

Is it the same industry since he works for an airline now?

vantexan

Pretty sure I can as I'll be working for a contractor, not FedEx. Read the other day in employee handbook that after starting pension I could still work up to 70 hrs a month for Express. Oh, I see your point. It could be that as he pointed out I'm in the "airline" industry now, guess I need to research further.

Last edited:

STFXG

I don't want to but my wife doesn't want to live abroad. I'm only going to do it if I can get on where I'm at. They're building a new Ground terminal here.
It'll be a breeze compared to the strenuous days you are used to at express.