Ground/HD overlap meeting tomorrow

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Let me write really slow...iiiiffff yyyooouuu ttoookkk oooovvveeerrrr FEDEX yyyooouuu wwwooouuullllddd ffiiinnnaallllllyyyy hhhaaavvveee aaa dddeeeccceeennnttt ooovvveeerrrnnniiiggghhttt ssseeerrrvvviiiiccceeee..OOOOKKKKK???
we will make fedx so much better, we will employe russians

12yearsaslave

Overlap 4 years away. Cash out while you can. There will be a lot of panic as with ISP transition, value will go up. Until people that actually overlap realize that FedEx assumes a 15-20% savings on overlapped CSAs. (Which to a certain degree is true) But! Package size is up(both HD and Ground), productivity is down. Revenue down. Management cost up(6 day). And as a cherry on top: Single System in spring 2018. So try to deliver those high density, overlapped routes with no maps/tbt or any technology that has been on the market for over 20 years. Back to pen and paper boys.
I am normally a positive contractor, but damn this was the most depressing meeting in awhile. No tech improvements. We are still decades behind every other package delivery company out there. Even smaller guys like Scoobeez or similar are miles ahead on tech.

bacha29

And the same thing was said about Sirius and XM until everyone with a brain realized that the 2 companies were already essentially charging the same price for the same service. AAAAAND that they, either together or separately, were incapable of preventing new participants from entering the market. AAAAAAND that demand for their services was highly elastic. AAAAAAAAND that cheaper alternatives were already in place, should anyone want them.

All of which is just as true for the hypothetical FDX/UPS scenario.
So if you want to go on believing that this hypothetical merger of X and UPS is possible then please be my guest. But neither one of us is going to live long enough to see it happen even if it could meet with regulatory approval ,

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
No idea...just sayin'.
image.gif

Lol.