Ground/HD overlap meeting tomorrow

bbsam

Staff member
So what do you propose? That UPS become federalized rather than a publicly traded company? Nice thought but neither you or your grand kids will live long enough to see that happen.
You are arguing that they would? Are you crazy or just a contrarian?

bacha29

You mean just like it did before Federal Express existed?
Right. What could the regulators do back then when there was really no one else beside the USPS.? You can't compare the regulatory environment of the 1960's versus the one of today. Likewise, E-commerce simply didn't exist back then. But it goes without saying that the combined company's together would have what 70-75% of the total market? Why do you think T-Mobile and Sprint didn't merge it was blocked. Same is true with Wegman's and RiteAid.

It will be fine

heard from a contractor relations person that they are announcing mandatory overlap before ISP transition if you are not already isp.
I'm hearing a 4 year time table for those of us already in ISP. We find out all the specifics in the morning. I'm curious if they are going to require 100% overlap and ownership of entire zip codes.

bacha29

I'm hearing a 4 year time table for those of us already in ISP. We find out all the specifics in the morning. I'm curious if they are going to require 100% overlap and ownership of entire zip codes.
I think that it might be the rural areas that's driving this .Out here where I'm at it's nothing for a G and an HD running around in the same RD saturated area and each one run 350+ miles a day. That's a common occurrence and I think that they are tired of paying out all that mileage and fuel supplement.

It will be fine

I think that it might be the rural areas that's driving this .Out here where I'm at it's nothing for a G and an HD running around in the same RD saturated area and each one run 350+ miles a day. That's a common occurrence and I think that they are tired of paying out all that mileage and fuel supplement.
Mileage and fuel disappear in ISP contracts anyway.
Overlap is required for your entire area by fiscal year 2021. You can split towns and zip codes, just everything you own has to service both HD and Ground. No real news, but we have a deadline now.

bacha29

Mileage and fuel disappear in ISP contracts anyway.
Overlap is required for your entire area by fiscal year 2021. You can split towns and zip codes, just everything you own has to service both HD and Ground. No real news, but we have a deadline now.
Imagine what it will be like when one contractor has a G route and another has an HD route but they're all in the same exact or nearly exact area. There is a lot of those situations out here in the rural areas I wonder what they'll do with that mess. It might have to be settled using pugilistic diplomacy and rest assured nobody's going to be happy with the outcome.

Oldfart

Imagine what it will be like when one contractor has a G route and another has an HD route but they're all in the same exact or nearly exact area. There is a lot of those situations out here in the rural areas I wonder what they'll do with that mess. It might have to be settled using pugilistic diplomacy and rest assured nobody's going to be happy with the outcome.
Pugilistic? WOW!!!

Not gonna lie. Had to Google that.

Last edited by a moderator:

bacha29

Pugilistic? WOW!!!

Not gonna lie. Had to Google that. Did your mommy just teach you that word?
No but then again I know who my mother was . Too bad you can't do the same. Since they use bibles rather than birth certificates to record births down your way perhaps you should check there or just go find your Aunt Mom or your Uncle Dad given that incest the game the whole the family can play in still quite popular down there in your "holler",