Observer

A new hub was built in Plainfield, IN (900,00 sq.ft.). It is not quite fully operational yet. However, a lot of the work has now been sent to the Plainfield hub from the main hub where I work. We are now getting 3 to 3-1/2 hours per shift instead of our usual four for the full timers. This is a clear violation of Article 12-Hours of Work-Section 1 of the Master. My question: have any of you ever had a group grievance for this kind of issue? I feel this is an issue that is best settled by a group since it is effecting all of us. I am a 22.3 combo worker. Any good advice is appreciated. Don't tell me to grow a pair or call Jenny. Show a little empathy it's been rough at our hub. Any of you who have new hubs added to your area I would appreciate hearing from your experiences.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
A new hub was built in Plainfield, IN (900,00 sq.ft.). ...Don't tell me to grow a pair or call Jenny. Show a little empathy it's been rough at our hub...
N9W9wv.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
A new hub was built in Plainfield, IN (900,00 sq.ft.). It is not quite fully operational yet. However, a lot of the work has now been sent to the Plainfield hub from the main hub where I work. We are now getting 3 to 3-1/2 hours per shift instead of our usual four for the full timers. This is a clear violation of Article 12-Hours of Work-Section 1 of the Master. My question: have any of you ever had a group grievance for this kind of issue? I feel this is an issue that is best settled by a group since it is effecting all of us. I am a 22.3 combo worker. Any good advice is appreciated. Don't tell me to grow a pair or call Jenny. Show a little empathy it's been rough at our hub. Any of you who have new hubs added to your area I would appreciate hearing from your experiences.

Grieve it

Have everybody involved

Sign and print their name

Wait and see what happens

Ms.PacMan

What kinds of conversations are you having with supes?

If this were me I would probably say something like I'm still on the clock for 1/2 HR - what do you want me to do?
And they might say, there's nothing, go ahead and go home. And I would say, no really I want my 8 hrs.

Are you talking to them?

They are in clear violation of the contract if the employees request their guarantee.

Layoffs would be considered retaliation for filing the grievances.
That is also a violation of the contract.

Bury them in grievances and enforce the contract
Lay offs would be considered a business decision and as long as seniority was followed I don't know how you could turn it into retaliation. Last summer my building had a whole sort end.

CoolStoryBro

You are not being clear.

Are you requesting 8 and being told No? Can you sit around and do nothing until you get your 8? Are they asking you to go home early and you are doing so without requesting 8?

moomoom

I work in your hub, I'm getting 4+ hours everyday on preload. They did push our start time back to 4:30 for some reason but we run over 9 everyday.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Pretty simple. Ask for your hours if they say they have nothing for you you get paid for 8. If not then file. It's that easy