Gun control advocates in Ferguson MO

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
This article might shed some light on the racial divide in Ferguson and the distrust between its African American population and the police.
http://www.newrepublic.com/article/119070/michael-browns-death-leads-scrutiny-ferguson-white-police

Ferguson’s population is 67 percent black, but African Americans make up just 5.6 percent of the police force. Consider this number in the context of St. Louis’ deeply segregationist and discriminatory history—today, the city is still the sixth-most segregated in the country.
Sounds like a racist post to me.

I don't care if 100% of the town is black, or brown, or green with pink polka dots, it does not give a reason to behave this way.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Sharpton flapping his yap again

Al Sharpton: Authorities in Ferguson 'smeared' Michael Brown by releasing video of him allegedly robbing convenience store
It's not SMEARING to release the truth.

It's SMEARING to release information that is not already proven. The video is proof that he robbed that store.

And why should we care what a race baterror says anyways.

MAKAVELI

Reports are coming out that Brown punched the cop in the face , ran away & then when told to "freeze" instead started running towards the cop at full speed .
Really? I've seen reports that are the complete opposite.

http://www.newsweek.com/ferguson-protests-reignite-265029?piano_t=1
Johnson and at least one other witness have said that the officer reached out through his car window to grab at Brown and that the teenager was trying to get away from the officer when he was shot. Brown held up his hands in a sign of surrender but the officer got out of his patrol car and shot Brown several times, they said.

Police have acknowledged that Brown's body was more than 30 feet away (9 meters) from the police car when he collapsed and died and that multiple shell casings were found at the scene

Babagounj

Strength through joy
"The value in this is specifically because it is unguarded, and unprompted, testimony from an eyewitness that contradicts several others who spoke later but may have an agenda or pressure from the community. "

bbsam

Staff member
Everyone.
Wrong. Watch the video that Baba posted. No Sharpton, no Jackson. They only bring the national attention to what everyone there already knew. Justice isn't color blind. This is an extreme example of the status quo and the status quo does not change without agitation and struggle.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
"The value in this is specifically because it is unguarded, and unprompted, testimony from an eyewitness that contradicts several others who spoke later but may have an agenda or pressure from the community. "

I mean nothing derogatory or bigoted by this statement, but without subtitles I could only understand about half of what was being said in that video. The combination of Deep Southern and black accents was extremely difficult for this white Oregonian to decipher. What was the relevant testimony in this video?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I mean nothing derogatory or bigoted by this statement, but without subtitles I could only understand about half of what was being said in that video. The combination of Deep Southern and black accents was extremely difficult for this white Oregonian to decipher. What was the relevant testimony in this video?

You ever watch Honey Boo Boo?