Gun control advocates in Ferguson MO

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Holder must be unhappy with the autopsy results. They must have supported Wilson's statements. The way Holder jumped in it looks like he wants to find Wilson guilty.

The Associated Press reported Sunday that attorney general Eric Holder has ordered that a second autopsy, this time overseen by the feds, be conducted on the slain Michael Brown.
Ferguson PD has let the St. Louis PD take over. The Ferguson chief of police retired from the St. Louis PD after 30 years of service. I'd say the FBI getting involved is warranted.

MAKAVELI

Ferguson PD has let the St. Louis PD take over. The Ferguson chief of police retired from the St. Louis PD after 30 years of service. I'd say the FBI getting involved is warranted.
If the FBI is conducting the investigation then they would have to conduct it's own autopsy. Seems like that would be protocol. But the right wing nuts have their conspiracy theories of course.

oldngray

nowhere special
Holder stepped in on the Trayvon Martin case and had an incompetent medical examiner from another county take over which seriously damaged the state's case, so Holder getting involved should rightly be viewed with skepticism.

MAKAVELI

Holder stepped in on the Trayvon Martin case and had an incompetent medical examiner from another county take over which seriously damaged the state's case, so Holder getting involved should rightly be viewed with skepticism.
So you believe Holder compromised the Zimmerman case and he really was guilty?

oldngray

nowhere special
So you believe Holder compromised the Zimmerman case and he really was guilty?

Did I say that? All I said was the ME botched part of the state's case making it even less worth going to trial. Even without that there still wasn't enough evidence to convict despite political pressure to the contrary.

MAKAVELI

Did I say that? All I said was the ME botched part of the state's case making it even less worth going to trial. Even without that there still wasn't enough evidence to convict despite political pressure to the contrary.
Does that ME work for the FBI? Is he performing the autopsy on Michael Brown?

bbsam

Staff member
Hoover was a close-minded bigot.

I am not.

I admire MLK; but as far as Al Sharpton goes, he couldn't carry MLK's jock strap.

Racism still exists but it isn't accurate to compare today's struggle with the struggle that took place in the 50's and 60's. Segregation is illegal. Today we have black cops and black reporters and black politicians and almost everybody has a smart phone that can record movies. There is a lot more transparency, and overt racism is totally unacceptable to the mainstream media.

The black people that marched and sat in at segregated lunch counters back in the 60's knew that they would be arrested by an all-white police force and were facing the threat of being beaten or lynched by Klan members and sympathizers within the police force. They were risking their lives. They had hoses and dogs unleashed on them. That isn't what is happening today. I watched the news and saw the captain of the Missouri Highway Patrol, a black man, walking the streets and talking to protesters. You wouldn't have seen that in the 60's.
No. You are neither closed minded nor a bigot.
Yes, racism still exists today but it is usually quieter, more politically correct. But when it rears its ugly head and spills out into the open, it can't be brushed off and explained away by adrenaline and panic, especially by law enforcement. Nor should it be an excuse for rioting and violence. Equally it shouldn't be a comic's touchstone for encouraging capitalist activity i.e. gun sales.

This may not be a venue for Sharpton and Jackson to get on their soapboxes, but then it also shouldn't be a storefront advertisement for the NRA.

MAKAVELI

I have no idea. Did I say it was the same ME? All I said was it was botched in past when Holder stepped in.
What did Holder do to botch the case? It wasn't a federal case . It was a Florida state prosecution. Dr. Bao did the autopsy because Volusia handles the autopsys for Seminole county not because Holder appointed him. Many feel he was the scape goat in that failed prosecution by the state prosecution.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This may not be a venue for Sharpton and Jackson to get on their soapboxes, but then it also shouldn't be a storefront advertisement for the NRA.

The NRA doesn't need to advertise. Gun sales in the area have quadrupled. People who have complacently relied upon calling 911 for their own security are now re-evaluating that choice, as they did during the Rodney King riots in '91. Its called "voting with your feet."
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...hwest Firearms&txt=According to CBS St. Louis

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Yes, racism still exists today but it is usually quieter, more politically correct. But when it rears its ugly head and spills out into the open, it can't be brushed off and explained away by adrenaline and panic, especially by law enforcement.

It is also racist to automatically assume that the officer shot Michael Brown simply because of their difference in skin color, or that he would have responded any differently to a beat down from a 295 lb. man who happened to be white.

brett636

So it appears the little thug Michael Brown decided it was a good idea to rush a police officer who had his gun drawn, and suffered the consequences as a result. Doesn't help the fact that the other animals who want to believe their own version of reality are now turning their neighborhood into a warzone unnecessarily. Hopefully when all this settles down the creatures who are the main antagonists of this chaos will find themselves in the sorts of cages they belong in.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
nbw0mc.jpg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So it appears the little thug Michael Brown decided it was a good idea to rush a police officer who had his gun drawn, and suffered the consequences as a result. Doesn't help the fact that the other animals who want to believe their own version of reality are now turning their neighborhood into a warzone unnecessarily. Hopefully when all this settles down the creatures who are the main antagonists of this chaos will find themselves in the sorts of cages they belong in.
Where are you getting your information? Because four eyewitnesses say different.

ol'browneye

I have seen television interviews with lawyers and read articles that stated shooting a fleeing suspect is legal if the officer feels that person is a danger to the officer or others. IF it is true that the officer was attacked and Brown tried to get his gun which resulted in a shot being fired in the vehicle, and the officer felt the only way to stop this dangerous criminal was to shoot him while fleeing, then the shot in the back is not the real issue. It is what happened next that is the real issue. If Brown stopped and put his hands up and turned and knelt down then I don't see how any other shots would be justified. But IF Brown turned and "bumrushed" the officer as it was put, then I think the officer had a right to use whatever means possible to protect himself and put an end to the threat.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I guess it comes down to IF we believe 4 eyewitnesses over the word of the cop who shot him. Maybe they're full of it, I'm not ruling that out yet. But I'm glad it's the FBI questioning people and not just the local PD, they clearly have long standing issues.