H1N1/Swine Flu What are You Doing to Protect Yourself?

klein

Für Meno :)
I had it for two days. It was fairly mild for me. The doctor told me I have a very strong immune system.

I told her that i stay "dirty' on purpose. By that I mean I don't go overboard on cleanliness and always trying to protect myself from germs.

A major study done years ago confirmed that children that play in the dirt were less likely to get sick as their bodies gradually get stronger from being around germs all the time.

i also take vitamins , eat right, exercise and get plenty of sleep.

I have never gotten a flu shot and never will. Do you really trust the G? If so , you must have been asleep since Watergate.

I totally agree with you there.
I have never taken a flu shot either, and I'm in the late 40's...

Don't think I wanna miss up my human system now.
If I was 20, maybe.
But, adding something strange to my blood stream (and body) on purpose.
Sounds just too scary for me.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I totally agree with you there.
I have never taken a flu shot either, and I'm in the late 40's...

Don't think I wanna miss up my human system now.
If I was 20, maybe.
But, adding something strange to my blood stream (and body) on purpose.
Sounds just too scary for me.
Molson anyone?:surprised:

klein

Molson anyone?:surprised:

You know what Steve ?
I was soo much with you when you were trying to buy that house.
Congraduated you and so on.
Then, it didn't fall thru.
And, I had lots of sympathy for you, saying it was just the wrong timing (after the housing and credit crunch), and telling you, by next year, you'll qualify.

So, what have I actually done wrong to you ?

I came across a few postings of yours, and all you wanna do is downgrade me.

Did you get some rep points in the past for doing so ?
Or what else is your problem ?

You're getting me to the point now, that I wish, you pay rent for the rest of your life.
But, actually, I don't wish that to anyone.
So, get your life together before you bash mine, please.

kingOFchester

Close to home......

My daughter's school was closed Yesterday due to Swine flu. 3 cases. 38% of the school had called out with flu like symptoms. Suppose to re-open Monday.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
You know what Steve ?
I was soo much with you when you were trying to buy that house.
Congraduated you and so on.
Then, it didn't fall thru.
And, I had lots of sympathy for you, saying it was just the wrong timing (after the housing and credit crunch), and telling you, by next year, you'll qualify.

So, what have I actually done wrong to you ?

I came across a few postings of yours, and all you wanna do is downgrade me.

Did you get some rep points in the past for doing so ?
Or what else is your problem ?

You're getting me to the point now, that I wish, you pay rent for the rest of your life.
But, actually, I don't wish that to anyone.
So, get your life together before you bash mine, please.
Klein.....it was a joke. Must have lost it somewhere in the translation. If you set em up, they'll be spiked. Either by me or some one else. Not a Klein hater, by no means.:happy2:

Close to home......

My daughter's school was closed Yesterday due to Swine flu. 3 cases. 38% of the school had called out with flu like symptoms. Suppose to re-open Monday.
It's running through the schools here too. No closures, though many classes are half full.

over9five

Staff member
That's where it spreads the fastest. Keep those sick kids home!

The problem then becomes "Do I keep my healthy child home to prevent him catching it?"

If only Obama had done more to get those vaccines here a little sooner....

klein

095, you were among 3 countries that got it, same day, the very first !

We are still waiting here until November.
Mind you, ours is a different shot then yours.
An upgraded one (incase the virus has somewaht of a differnet structure from last years, and it also doesn't require a second shot).

But, you were the first to get it.
I can even send you a news clip about that.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I will continue to wash my hands after restroom breaks, and let the dirt from my truck kill the germs the rest of the day, my hands are always filthy, a germ would die. I do have sanitizing wipes which I have always used for sick people, chicken wing grease and too many body oils some people use.
Anyone on steroids is also at risk as the only time I ever got sick was after I went off prednisone, I mean sick for a long time. Other than that good to go.

BrownArmy

Let's put this into perspective...

The regular annual flu kills approximately 36,000 people every year.

I think health officials were worried about the H1N1 because it was (is?) potentially more contagious than the regular flu, but again, for most people that get the H1N1, it's just a bad-***** flu.

Basic hand-washing hygiene, good coughing/sneezing etiquette, end of story.

over9five

Staff member
The H1N1 is killing more children than the seasonal flu. 19 last week, most had other issues, but 6 were normal healthy kids.
Scary stuff.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
The H1N1 is killing more children than the seasonal flu. 19 last week, most had other issues, but 6 were normal healthy kids.
Scary stuff.
It appears that some time in the past, a milder or similar form of the H1N1 virus passed through the population, and those exposed to it have built up some immunity. It seems to be most dangerous to children and pregnant women.

over9five

Staff member
Describe "Normal" and "Healthy" for me please?

Of the 19 children that died of H1N1 last week, 6 were otherwise healthy. The others had underlying medical conditions. "Normal" and "Healthy" are words used by me to describe children with no underlying medical conditions.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Of the 19 children that died of H1N1 last week, 6 were otherwise healthy. The others had underlying medical conditions. "Normal" and "Healthy" are words used by me to describe children with no underlying medical conditions.
But that doesn't mean they weren't already sick. There's a lot more funk out there than pigitis, ya know. If you have a smidge of the funk and then get you some of that pigitis, that could be severe.

*Note to 9/5, The Funk and Pigitis are my words and the patent is pending.:wink2:

over9five

Staff member
I'd really like to do that.
However, I really shouldn't.
Y'all shouldn't tempt me either.
Great times I'll surely miss.