Half Empty? NFL

vantexan

Because it was terrible.
Unfortunately I've seen tape of the guys brought to trial for the murder of those three young activists. They made those bigots in "Mississippi Burning" looked enlightened. I lived in Mississippi for 8 months. I saw open racism at my station. Delivered to a town where a black man was shot dead on his porch by a white man with multiple witnesses who refused to testify. I asked for a transfer before the end of my commitment and got it. This was in '92. Attitudes were like going back 50 years in time. Met a lot of great people in Mississippi, white and black, but the racist whites that are there are a force to be reckoned with. As much as we like to think the Left way overblows things these days there was a time when that sort of stuff was reality across much of the South and pockets of it still exists. Today we have those on the right who say it's a fiction put forth by liberals to attack white Southerners. And those on the Left who say show them a white Southern male and they'll show you a racist, a white supremacist. Those of us who actually live in the South know that most people get along, that there are Christian blacks who put me to shame with how kind and generous they are, and that there are some who will hate me because I'm white no matter what I do, and some whites will do the same towards blacks. My suggestion is to get dogs for friendship and just be decent to everyone around you.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Unfortunately I've seen tape of the guys brought to trial for the murder of those three young activists. They made those bigots in "Mississippi Burning" looked enlightened. I lived in Mississippi for 8 months. I saw open racism at my station. Delivered to a town where a black man was shot dead on his porch by a white man with multiple witnesses who refused to testify. I asked for a transfer before the end of my commitment and got it. This was in '92. Attitudes were like going back 50 years in time. Met a lot of great people in Mississippi, white and black, but the racist whites that are there are a force to be reckoned with. As much as we like to think the Left way overblows things these days there was a time when that sort of stuff was reality across much of the South and pockets of it still exists. Today we have those on the right who say it's a fiction put forth by liberals to attack white Southerners. And those on the Left who say show them a white Southern male and they'll show you a racist, a white supremacist. Those of us who actually live in the South know that most people get along, that there are Christian blacks who put me to shame with how kind and generous they are, and that there are some who will hate me because I'm white no matter what I do, and some whites will do the same towards blacks. My suggestion is to get dogs for friendship and just be decent to everyone around you.
Cool story bro.
Lived in Mississippi for four years in the 2000's, it was absolutely nothing like that. For the most part people chose to self segregate but were very kind to one another.

If you go looking for racism, one way or another, you will find it where you want to find it.

MAKAVELI

Cool story bro.
Lived in Mississippi for four years in the 2000's, it was absolutely nothing like that. For the most part people chose to self segregate but were very kind to one another.

If you go looking for racism, one way or another, you will find it where you want to find it.
Cool story bro.

vantexan

Cool story bro.

As I pointed out most people got along fine. But we had whites making comments like blacks were swinging from the trees openly at my station. That murder that I mentioned happened in in a town of three thousand in a heavily forested area of southern Mississippi. I didn't have to go look for it, it was often in my face. The blacks I met in that region were the most docile, kind blacks I've known in the U.S. I also spent three years in Memphis and the blacks there were often aggressive and in your face but a lot of them were still great people. The whites I knew in Memphis and Mississippi were often wonderful too until they started talking about blacks. The nicest church going people would practically go into a rage talking about blacks. It was as if that was where they channeled all of their anger about the world in general. It's a real thing where there are large populations of both groups. Having lived in other parts of the country I've also many times run up against many whites who automatically assumed I was a racist because I'm from the South. They are conditioned to think this way. Show me a movie that's set in the South and I will show you a scene where blacks are shown to be very friendly to the white protagonist. It lets white liberals know that this is one of the good white Southerners, it's ok to like him. Seriously, watch any movie set in the South and see if that's not so.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
NLF suspends practice because one guy resisted police which resulted in a shooting. Will shutting down for every gang shooting soon follow?

Sweet. Need to give the knee a rest. Was doing so much kneeling.