Half....

govols019

You smell that?
You mean the vote for this contract wasn't already decided at the beginning of "negotiations"?

That's what I keep hearing from people who only care about the Union when it pertains to them.

Nimnim

The Nim
They would have to.

You just can't pick and choose what parts of the IBT Constitution to apply.

-Bug-

What does the final part of it mean then? "or such additional
provisions as can be negotiated by it."

To me it sounds like further negotiations are available. I can read legal documents, but I don't understand everything, much like anyone else(even lawyers) so I'm willing to accept what I think it sounds like is wrong and would like a clarification.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
What does the final part of it mean then? "or such additional
provisions as can be negotiated by it."

To me it sounds like further negotiations are available. I can read legal documents, but I don't understand everything, much like anyone else(even lawyers) so I'm willing to accept what I think it sounds like is wrong and would like a clarification.

I'm not the IBT Constitution expert.

But, that does sound like the door is left open.... for the General Executive Board

to decide. Or, it could be the the :censored2: clause. Meaning.... if you are going to be jerks

and talk smack about all the work we did on your behalf, here is your contract.

One of my Locals attorneys, used to work for the IBT.

Next time I see him.... I'll pick his brain. (as long as he isn't charging the Local)

-Bug-

Last edited:

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
I believe we will reach the 2/3rd no vote.

i agree. i think the vote no percentage will be as high or close to the 93% strike vote. the total number of actual UPS teamster voter percentage will be a disgrace as usual.

riddle me this...

if say 26,000 total of the 260,000 ups teamsters actually vote and we crush it with a 93% no vote lets say, (cause the only people that actually voted where a scattering of fulltime drivers who voted no) that's like a 10% total turnout. could they, would they impose?

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
i agree. i think the vote no percentage will be as high or close to the 93% strike vote. the total number of actual UPS teamster voter percentage will be a disgrace as usual.

riddle me this...

if say 26,000 total of the 260,000 ups teamsters actually vote and we crush it with a 93% no vote lets say, (cause the only people that actually voted where a scattering of fulltime drivers who voted no) that's like a 10% total turnout. could they, would they impose?
Not under the provisions post in this thread, but perhaps under Art 12 Sec 6, as was enacted in the three imposed supplements last time?

Article 12 Section 6. The General Executive Board is empowered to amend, delete, or add to thisArticle if at any time it believes such action will be in the interests of the International Union or its subordinate bodies.

the ultimate "trap door".

F

Frankie's Friend

Not under the provisions post in this thread, but perhaps under Art 12 Sec 6, as was enacted in the three imposed supplements last time?

Article 12 Section 6. The General Executive Board is empowered to amend, delete, or add to thisArticle if at any time it believes such action will be in the interests of the International Union or its subordinate bodies.

the ultimate "trap door".
No one is talking about the quantity of members that voted. Only that 93% of the unknown quantity voted to strike.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba

so our leaders already have there own "if work is available" loophole!

F

Frankie's Friend

exactly! 100 people could have voted out of 260,000 and 93 voted no and the WHOLE WORLD ran with this ridiculous story of a massive strike vote.
I betcha several thousand voted. When people are upset they vote.
Just like the posters coming on here.
They're sick of it too.

F

Frankie's Friend

You mean the vote for this contract wasn't already decided at the beginning of "negotiations"?

That's what I keep hearing from people who only care about the Union when it pertains to them.
Or the ones who have a memory stretching back 5 years.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
I betcha several thousand voted. When people are upset they vote.
Just like the posters coming on here.
They're sick of it too.

oh i agree i agree! and i hope it was more than a few thousand but my point stands though that still is a dismal percentage and when i saw all the news articles i finally understood the term "fake news". unfortunately from my experience voter turnout for anything has always been abysmal.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
So is this "tentative/handshale agreement", by definition, for purposes of the IBT Constitution verbage quoted, a "last, best, and final offer"?

And if not, do they determine passage or rejection on the same terms for initial agreements? Or can they be rejected by simple majority?