hall Gets Caught With His Foot In His Mouth!

Evil

It was amazing to see how many of my fellow Teamster brothers attended the UPS Teamster Rally last month. More amazing was the cheerleading squad that attended the rally and bought each and every lie hall sold us. I called it lip-service then and I'm still call it lip-service today.

First and foremost, it was hall who said we weren't gonna pay a penny for our healthcare. When he asked us to shut off our phones and cameras he convincingly exclaimed, "we're gonna kick their (UPS) asses!"

hall just showed us that he either got caught with his foot in his mouth or he's a liar.

What ever happened to not going back to the negotiating table until the health-care proposal the company originally offered was withdrawn? What happened Mr. Ken "lying" Hall?

I think Scott Davis and company are getting the best laugh on this one as they know hall can't keep his word. UPS knows that the IBT is broke and cannot afford to strike even if it wanted.

But since Jimbo Felipe Hoffa has never led a strike in his near 16 years as head of the Teamsters one would also be gullible to believe that this time around he would decide to lead one.

Last edited:

kingOFchester

...you got all of that from "creative solutions"...?

The main issue Teamsters have with Hall was that he stated, in closed meeting/rallies, is that he would not go back to the bargaining table until UPS took health care off the table. As it appears, health care is still on the table. So either he went against his word, or there is more going on then meets the eye.

I think he is confident that we (active) will not be paying a dime towards health care. I am leaning towards the idea that the negotiations have already dealt with the health care issue. He is probably trying to soften the blow for what is to come. I do not believe he would of stated 1) we will not pay a red cent and 2) he would not negotiate with UPS until health care is off the table and then have to come back to us with his tail between his legs and say "sorry guys, your going to pay". It would be a career death sentence. I am confident that he already knows the "creative solutions". I also THINK that possibly he even knew at the time of the rallies, what the "creative solutions" will be.

By having the rallies, by issuing the latest "update" and giving us a little information, he feels as though this is the best way to present the poison (in the form of medicine) that he wants to serve, but still come out looking like he is giving us antibiotics.

I am not saying that I could do better. We do not know what happens behind the closed doors.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It was amazing to see how many of my fellow Teamster brothers attended the UPS Teamster Rally last month. More amazing was the cheerleading squad that attended the rally and bought each and every lie hall sold us. I called it lip-service then and I'm still call it lip-service today.

First and foremost, it was hall who said we weren't gonna pay a penny for our healthcare. When he asked us to shut off our phones and cameras he convincingly exclaimed, "we're gonna kick their (UPS) asses!"

hall just showed us that he either got caught with his foot in his mouth or he's a liar.

What ever happened to not going back to the negotiating table until the health-care proposal the company originally offered was withdrawn? What happened Mr. Ken "lying" Hall?

I think Scott Davis and company are getting the best laugh on this one as they know hall can't keep his word. UPS knows that the IBT is broke and cannot afford to strike even if it wanted.

But since Jimbo Felipe Hoffa has never led a strike in his near 16 years as head of the Teamsters one would also be gullible to believe that this time around he would decide to lead one.

You are Evil.

stink219

Hey D-bag. He said March 31st. He also said he would accept offers from UPS but wouldn't sit with them after that unless there was substantial improvements. So take your head out of your :censored2: and get your facts straight.

U

uber

I think new hires will have to wait even longer for healthcare or may be offered a higher wage in lieu of healthcare. Current employees will not be affected (until 2018).

That is going to doom them in their PT ranks unless they give some significant raises to the PT'ers. Who wants to stick it out even longer now for bennies? I remember when I was hired it was bennies after 90 days and tuition reimbursement. I was going to college so I thought it was a helluva deal. Nowadays, hard work for virtually no bennies and no college reimbursement. Whats the point anymore?

In some places I think its going to be hard for them to assemble all the positions needed for a sort in the future.

UPS used to be one of the best places to work for because of the benefits.

Limper

Out For Delivery
I too saw hall and Hoffa at the Philly rally and his famous line "Not 90 dollars, not 9 dollars, not 9 cents".
But the nature of negotiations is if Hall gets his way with no employee healthcare contribution, he'll probably have
to give in to UPS positions in other economic areas.

Evil

Hey D-bag. He said March 31st. He also said he would accept offers from UPS but wouldn't sit with them after that unless there was substantial improvements. So take your head out of your :censored2: and get your facts straight.

Hey scum, you are dead wrong. hall originally said he wouldn't go back to the table unless the companies health-care proposal was removed. He also originally said he wanted the deal done by yesterday (Friday March 8, 2013.) That was before they negotiated the first week and canceled them out this week. So now he's claiming he wants it done by the 31st of March.

hall is back tracking and by the looks of it you are a fool if you trust him or for that matter Hoffa. It is clear, the union is broke and we have no strike fund because Hoffa and his goons have been spending our money like drunken sailors!

I bet you were one of those dirt bags that attended their last Christmas party and got pissed drunk out of the members strike fund.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
hall originally said he wouldn't go back to the table unless the companies health-care proposal was removed. He also originally said he wanted the deal done by yesterday (Friday March 8, 2013.) That was before they negotiated the first week and canceled them out this week. So now he's claiming he wants it done by the 31st of March.

That's the problem with unilateral statements like this.
Basically a dummy move on Ken's part but like any good politician, I'm sure he can spin it.

Reminds me of, "Last, best and final offer."

UPS Preloader

Hey scum, you are dead wrong. hall originally said he wouldn't go back to the table unless the companies health-care proposal was removed. He also originally said he wanted the deal done by yesterday (Friday March 8, 2013.) That was before they negotiated the first week and canceled them out this week. So now he's claiming he wants it done by the 31st of March.

hall is back tracking and by the looks of it you are a fool if you trust him or for that matter Hoffa. It is clear, the union is broke and we have no strike fund because Hoffa and his goons have been spending our money like drunken sailors!

I bet you were one of those dirt bags that attended their last Christmas party and got pissed drunk out of the members strike fund.

Your right. Hall stated that if they didn't take paying for healthcare off the table they were going to walk and they could see us in August. My guess is that they did take it off the table, at least for the current employees, but that they now need to come up with so called "Creative Solutions" to offset the healthcare costs.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I was going to ask you to keep this a civil, intelligent discussion and then I noticed it was in the "UPS Union Issues" forum.

Never mind, carry on.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

With all due respect he said if healthcare was still on the table when he came back in 2 weeks that he would walk until July.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I too saw hall and Hoffa at the Philly rally and his famous line "Not 90 dollars, not 9 dollars, not 9 cents".
But the nature of negotiations is if Hall gets his way with no employee healthcare contribution, he'll probably have
to give in to UPS positions in other economic areas.

This is the problem with drawing such a hard line in the sand. (I agreed with the line). When u do this though your either in it for the long hall and stand your ground or u run the chance of looking like a fool.

After hall talked his big game if he gives in on any issue he really looks week from the outside.