hall Gets Caught With His Foot In His Mouth!

Just Lurking

Try 2020. The word around is UPS wants a 10 year the union will say 4 so will get a 7 year.

It was mentioned at our rally by Hall that they did not want a contract(s) to coincide with elections for teamster international leaders. He said five years unless UPS wanted to back up the cash truck. So it will be 5 or 7 years most likely.

rudy5150

Why would hoffa and hall show any sort of weakness this early in negotiations? Dumb freakin move.......now UPS wont take us serious even if it does get closer to july 31st with no deal yet. This is the time in negotiations when you stand your ground and make statement that we arent budging on certain issues like healthcare. Did everyone get their nuts chopped off? Just vote NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QKRSTKR

At the rally I attended Hall said it had to be pulled off the table when he got back, not by march 31st.

When I got hired 20 years ago, pt at ups was a coveted job. You should see the new hires they bring in now. I don't see anyone in there right mind hiring in to work 3.5 hour guarantee with no benefits even at 10 to 12 bucks an hour. What's the incentive? They can go flip burgers, work a lot less hard, and get more hours @ 7.50 an hour. I hired in at $8 an hour 20 years ago. My previous job was min. Wage, think it was $4.50. Look how much min. wage has gone up, and ups upped starting wage to $8.50. Wow. Its pretty much a minimum wage job as it is. Take away benefits and it is a minimum wage job. When I was part time I stayed for the benefits and that if I did go full time I would be making decent money with good benefits.

Ups made more money than ever before. So why is it we are to give up stuff, sell out future teamsters, when they have more money than ever? Competitive in the market place? Obviously they are competitive enough raking in the dough they are. Two tier wage now or in the future and existing full timers will have the biggest target in the world on their backs. Would you rather pay a guy 24 bucks an hour to pull a set of doubles, or 32 an hour? Pay someone $24 to del. boxes or $32? If two tier ever passes we' d have dug our own graves.

UPSGUY72

Try 2020. The word around is UPS wants a 10 year the union will say 4 so will get a 7 year.

I would think that if the union was getting what they wanted they would agree to a longer contract especially in todays changing world. I sure if the company said they would pull the healthcare off the table the union might be willing to make the contract for a longer period of time. Having short contracts periods is both good and bad while it allows the union to get change quicker it also allows the company to take things away....

stink219

Hey D-bag. He said March 31st. He also said he would accept offers from UPS but wouldn't sit with them after that unless there was substantial improvements. So take your head out of your :censored2: and get your facts straight.

Hey scum, you are dead wrong. hall originally said he wouldn't go back to the table unless the companies health-care proposal was removed. He also originally said he wanted the deal done by yesterday (Friday March 8, 2013.) That was before they negotiated the first week and canceled them out this week. So now he's claiming he wants it done by the 31st of March.

hall is back tracking and by the looks of it you are a fool if you trust him or for that matter Hoffa. It is clear, the union is broke and we have no strike fund because Hoffa and his goons have been spending our money like drunken sailors!

I bet you were one of those dirt bags that attended their last Christmas party and got pissed drunk out of the members strike fund.
No I missed this years years strike fund/Christmas extravaganza. But Hoffa still cut me a check for what I would have used in dues money. I got my information for Ken when he was speaking at a rally a few weeks ago. Your mixing up two different points of information that happened months apart. He did want a deal done. Then UPS started playing games and he game them opportunity to correct it. Let me guess are you on the TDU Steering Commitee?

A

anonymous6

It was amazing to see how many of my fellow Teamster brothers attended the UPS Teamster Rally last month. More amazing was the cheerleading squad that attended the rally and bought each and every lie hall sold us. I called it lip-service then and I'm still call it lip-service today.

First and foremost, it was hall who said we weren't gonna pay a penny for our healthcare. When he asked us to shut off our phones and cameras he convincingly exclaimed, "we're gonna kick their (UPS) asses!"

hall just showed us that he either got caught with his foot in his mouth or he's a liar.

What ever happened to not going back to the negotiating table until the health-care proposal the company originally offered was withdrawn? What happened Mr. Ken "lying" Hall?

I think Scott Davis and company are getting the best laugh on this one as they know hall can't keep his word. UPS knows that the IBT is broke and cannot afford to strike even if it wanted.

But since Jimbo Felipe Hoffa has never led a strike in his near 16 years as head of the Teamsters one would also be gullible to believe that this time around he would decide to lead one.

i agree with you and am mad as hell. i don't like anyone playing with my life and livelihood like Hall is. we need someone with balls and Hall and Hogffa aint it.

A

anonymous6

attn OP

i understand your anger but there is no need for name calling. i'm surprized a moderator hasn't interceded. i tried to deduct from your rep but how can you deduct from ZERO? either get your anger in check or bye bye birdy.

balland chain

Hey guys, I have a question. I am not much into TV but was taking care of a friend who blew out his back last week. His wife likes to watch Under Cover Boss. What are the chances of getting Scott Davis on that show so he can see exactly what it is like in the building or in a package car in August say in Alabama or even Georgia? He could even get his CDL and get out on the roads, and make several TDP pickup's and see the customer delays we have to deal with. Then the delay we have when we have to clean out a trailer to take to our next pick up. The congestion on the yard during peak hours, and there is no where to park the trailer ???

Hey maybe we should all contact the show and nominate him to be on the show. That way he can prove to the public that UPS is actually a good company to work for and all those rumors are just not true ! (just a little sarcasm ) I will look into how to get him on, and maybe we can start a campaign to get him on. Hell even if the show contacted the company that alone would be funny as hell. He would most likely tell them he had tee times for the days required to tape the show.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/u...e-3-7-2013-a-348939/index7.html#ixzz2NADSQ4hK

Evil

No I missed this years years strike fund/Christmas extravaganza. But Hoffa still cut me a check for what I would have used in dues money. I got my information for Ken when he was speaking at a rally a few weeks ago. Your mixing up two different points of information that happened months apart. He did want a deal done. Then UPS started playing games and he game them opportunity to correct it. Let me guess are you on the TDU Steering Commitee?

I am not a member of TDU. However, I am a reformer and I have learned more from TDU than I have from the lazy, overpaid liars that lick Hoffa's shoes. I know better than to believe the two biggest company men (Hoffa & Hall0 in labor.

Limper

Out For Delivery
Hey guys, I have a question. I am not much into TV but was taking care of a friend who blew out his back last week. His wife likes to watch Under Cover Boss. What are the chances of getting Scott Davis on that show so he can see exactly what it is like in the building or in a package car in August say in Alabama or even Georgia? He could even get his CDL and get out on the roads, and make several TDP pickup's and see the customer delays we have to deal with. Then the delay we have when we have to clean out a trailer to take to our next pick up. The congestion on the yard during peak hours, and there is no where to park the trailer ???

Hey maybe we should all contact the show and nominate him to be on the show. That way he can prove to the public that UPS is actually a good company to work for and all those rumors are just not true ! (just a little sarcasm ) I will look into how to get him on, and maybe we can start a campaign to get him on. Hell even if the show contacted the company that alone would be funny as hell. He would most likely tell them he had tee times for the days required to tape the show.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/u...e-3-7-2013-a-348939/index7.html#ixzz2NADSQ4hK

Likelihood of Scott Davis appearing on Undercover Boss? Zero percent. Likelihood of Scott Davis appearing on CNN
after the contract settlement? 100 percent.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
"Creative Solutions" to me means we won't pay $90 we won't pay $9 we won't pay 9 cents, but the quality of the benefits will change. I wouldn't be surprised if we're paying more for doctor visits and prescriptions etc etc. I've had health insurance with a deductible before and it is a huge financial burden for low earners (part-timers).

I'm curious what kind of concessions people would take in the quality of benefits to keep the cost at $0.

stink219

I am not a member of TDU. However, I am a reformer and I have learned more from TDU than I have from the lazy, overpaid liars that lick Hoffa's shoes. I know better than to believe the two biggest company men (Hoffa & Hall0 in labor.
Ahhhh. You came to the right place buddy. Search around for a few threads. I've compiled a slew of misinformation about your reformist group tdu. Don't follow too blindly. I know a few ex members of Termites Destroying Unions. In their words "the cult". Funny how what they are reforming for happens in their own house. You do know how Ken P makes his cash don't you? You complain because some of us stand behind our union? Stop being antiunion.

Evil

You call anti-union people that stand against a maroon like Hoffa who backs the Democratic Party and their anti-union position? Tell me who was the only union leader to denounce the Democratic Party after the passage of NAFTA? Oh yes, Ron Carey. Who was the first union leader to tell Bill Clinton to shove it before the 1997 strike? Oh yes, Ron Carey.

Hoffa was the first union leader to get down on his knees and endorse Obama with $38 million in 2008. Hoffa was the same idiot to endorse Obama in 2012 (this time with no money because the Teamsters are broke) when Obama proudly passed anti-union free-trade legislation with Korea, Panama and the largest union busting nation in Latin America, Colombia.

Do some research Stink-Bomb before you make a bigger ass out of yourself.

stink219

Yes, our union would have been amazing under Romney as made every state a right to work for less. And I'm the idiot? I feel like I'm talking to an uneducated child. Your saying our union made a mistake siding with democrats? Do you know anything about political influence? What are you even saying? I really don't get your point? Your even assuming that because I love my union that I'm a fan of Hoffa? I can't believe what a jack :censored2: you are. Nothing is black and white. Are you even a Teamster?

It was amazing to see how many of my fellow Teamster brothers attended the UPS Teamster Rally last month. More amazing was the cheerleading squad that attended the rally and bought each and every lie hall sold us. I called it lip-service then and I'm still call it lip-service today.

First and foremost, it was hall who said we weren't gonna pay a penny for our healthcare. When he asked us to shut off our phones and cameras he convincingly exclaimed, "we're gonna kick their (UPS) asses!"

hall just showed us that he either got caught with his foot in his mouth or he's a liar.

What ever happened to not going back to the negotiating table until the health-care proposal the company originally offered was withdrawn? What happened Mr. Ken "lying" Hall?

I think Scott Davis and company are getting the best laugh on this one as they know hall can't keep his word. UPS knows that the IBT is broke and cannot afford to strike even if it wanted.

But since Jimbo Felipe Hoffa has never led a strike in his near 16 years as head of the Teamsters one would also be gullible to believe that this time around he would decide to lead one.
I bet you hall would bust you in the mouth if you said that to his face. After he did it I'd hold him back and laugh at you. Calling a man out on an Internet forum is real easy.

Inthegame

You call anti-union people that stand against a maroon like Hoffa who backs the Democratic Party and their anti-union position? Tell me who was the only union leader to denounce the Democratic Party after the passage of NAFTA? Oh yes, Ron Carey. Who was the first union leader to tell Bill Clinton to shove it before the 1997 strike? Oh yes, Ron Carey.

Hoffa was the first union leader to get down on his knees and endorse Obama with $38 million in 2008. Hoffa was the same idiot to endorse Obama in 2012 (this time with no money because the Teamsters are broke) when Obama proudly passed anti-union free-trade legislation with Korea, Panama and the largest union busting nation in Latin America, Colombia.

Do some research Stink-Bomb before you make a bigger ass out of yourself.
hall worked for Carey, to Hoffa's credit he kept Hall as Package Director. Carey's downfall was because of the money laundering scheme with the Clinton '96 re-election campaign. And Carey begged Clinton to stay out of the '97 strike. There was no "shove it" talk.
The Teamsters spent over 15ml DRIVE dollars in the last Presidential election cycle, and hopefully you realize Romney all but promised wiping out the National Labor Act when elected thereby eliminating union existence.

With Republicans attacking unions in state houses since 2010, unions didn't really have much choice on who to support.