hall Gets Caught With His Foot In His Mouth!

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
You do realize that unions existed and were better off before the NLRA and all of that, correct?

That was before the Right convinced people unions were bad, working is a privilege and they're fortunate to have good jobs at Walmart that pay $7.25/hour, and it's perfectly OK for executives to earn 8-figure compensation packages.

The Right also convinced us that unions were obsoleted because employers care about us (hahaha) and we were transitioning from a manufacturing economy to a service economy. Then they outsourced the service jobs too because they could make a few more bucks on top of their million dollar pay checks. But Obama & the Democrats are to blame for our poor economy.... even though 6 straight years of total Right dominance lead us to the Great Recession.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
That was before the Right convinced people unions were bad, working is a privilege and they're fortunate to have good jobs at Walmart that pay $7.25/hour, and it's perfectly OK for executives to earn 8-figure compensation packages.

The Right also convinced us that unions were obsoleted because employers care about us (hahaha) and we were transitioning from a manufacturing economy to a service economy. Then they outsourced the service jobs too because they could make a few more bucks on top of their million dollar pay checks. But Obama & the Democrats are to blame for our poor economy.... even though 6 straight years of total Right dominance lead us to the Great Recession.
I don't know why you are blaming the "right", it's largely been the Dems and progressives (cough new deal) that have taken the lead in screwing the working person, labor/ unions. Not to say the Republican party has any interest in the working person, either. Business as usual in America depends on the ignorance of the masses.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I don't know why you are blaming the "right", it's largely been the Dems and progressives (cough new deal) that have taken the lead in screwing the working person, labor/ unions. Not to say the Republican party has any interest in the working person, either. Business as usual in America depends on the ignorance of the masses.

Yeah, because the union busting tactics employed by the Reagan Administration had nothing to do with the sudden steep ebbing in household union membership in America. And Limbaugh, Hannity, etc. praised Obama when he green-lighted the TSA to organize.

But I agree with your statement -- business as usual in America does indeed depend on the ignorance of the masses. I thought things would change when in 2008 people were outraged at excessive exec compensation, lavish parties, etc. among those who steered their company into bankruptcy. But I was wrong, I forgot that people have short memories.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Yeah, because the union busting tactics employed by the Reagan Administration had nothing to do with the sudden steep ebbing in household union membership in America. And Limbaugh, Hannity, etc. praised Obama when he green-lighted the TSA to organize.

But I agree with your statement -- business as usual in America does indeed depend on the ignorance of the masses. I thought things would change when in 2008 people were outraged at excessive exec compensation, lavish parties, etc. among those who steered their company into bankruptcy. But I was wrong, I forgot that people have short memories.
You continue to shift blame around to the "right", it's interesting how you cannot resist doing so. That's the ignorance I was speaking of. Both parties want you pointing fingers at the other party, when it's really all one party anyway.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
You continue to shift blame around to the "right", it's interesting how you cannot resist doing so. That's the ignorance I was speaking of. Both parties want you pointing fingers at the other party, when it's really all one party anyway.

I purposely put a spin on your comment, in case you didn't notice :). I put the blame where the blame's due. No, it's not "one party." Status quo the right represents the interests of wealthy (white) Americans. And unless you're privileged, those aren't your interests. It amazes me how quickly people pissed away what took years to build (worker's rights, etc.) It also interests me how many BrownCafe drivers really believe that Scott Davis and UPS loves them and they'd earn similar compensation without a union. Good thing UPS doesn't do random drug checks......... (oh wait, that's a product of the union, too)

packageguy

It was amazing to see how many of my fellow Teamster brothers attended the UPS Teamster Rally last month. More amazing was the cheerleading squad that attended the rally and bought each and every lie hall sold us. I called it lip-service then and I'm still call it lip-service today.

First and foremost, it was hall who said we weren't gonna pay a penny for our healthcare. When he asked us to shut off our phones and cameras he convincingly exclaimed, "we're gonna kick their (UPS) asses!"

hall just showed us that he either got caught with his foot in his mouth or he's a liar.

What ever happened to not going back to the negotiating table until the health-care proposal the company originally offered was withdrawn? What happened Mr. Ken "lying" Hall?

I think Scott Davis and company are getting the best laugh on this one as they know hall can't keep his word. UPS knows that the IBT is broke and cannot afford to strike even if it wanted.

But since Jimbo Felipe Hoffa has never led a strike in his near 16 years as head of the Teamsters one would also be gullible to believe that this time around he would decide to lead one.

All I am going to say is they are still talking... Lets wait and see
what the outcome is... Again they are still talking....

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I purposely put a spin on your comment, in case you didn't notice :). I put the blame where the blame's due. No, it's not "one party." Status quo the right represents the interests of wealthy (white) Americans. And unless you're privileged, those aren't your interests. It amazes me how quickly people pissed away what took years to build (worker's rights, etc.) It also interests me how many BrownCafe drivers really believe that Scott Davis and UPS loves them and they'd earn similar compensation without a union. Good thing UPS doesn't do random drug checks......... (oh wait, that's a product of the union, too)
Who do you think funded and donated Obamas record setting campaign? (an abomination in itself) Who's interests are served? That's the side Obama and the Dems are on- generally the same as the Republicans, and it ain't the worker. Sorry.

upser92

I believe you might see the pension go away for future UPSers and be replaced by a 401k match.

I wouldn't have a problem with this. They need to raise the PT wage though, too many good employees refuse to work for such a low wage considering our limited hours

I am willing to hoist picket signs and walk the line as long as it takes before I pay on healthcare! UPS is making record profits on a yearly basis. UPS has always been quick to point out that healthcare benefits are a part of our overall compensation. I AGREE!! Why would we even be considering taking a pay cut when our hard labor has made this company so profitable?! This is an attempt to increase profits on the backs of the workers! Greed! There is no need for this!