Harassment, Intimidation, and Retaliation at UPS; Share your stories here.

10 point

They are really fun, especially if you've been married for a while!
th
They also help drivers keep working years past when they should be retired after their (ex)wives attorneys get done with them.

First you play.
Then you pay.

10 point

I just look. That's still free,unless she catches me!
You can't help what you see.
But it's the second look that creates the issue... maybe for both parties.
In our jobs we see and hear too much and most of it is unsolicited. The first time anyway.
After having two daughters the phrase "you break it you buy it" is haunting.

browned out

Does anyone know of the exact reason the murderer Joe was discharged? UPS mgmt. endorses and exercises disparate treatment of employees. It is my gut feeling that the tragedy in AL could have been averted if UPS changed its management style. Harassment and/or Retaliation by UPS mgmt. was probably a major factor in that tragedy.

Joe probably was discharged for failure to follow mgmt. instructions. Missing a handrail, not walking across a customers lawns, pulling his handcart instead of pushing it; not using his 4 ways when parked for lunch, not checking if his defrosters work during a summertime pretrip, or some other minute infractions.

Some good drivers receive discipline for very minor infractions while other drivers are speeding, texting, talking on the phone, signing for packages, etc receive little or no discipline. UPS management observations are very disparate. They may tell one driver "hey you need to pull in your mirrors; ok? speedy" and the "Joe" type driver gets a warning notice, suspension or discharge for the same infraction.

Overpaid Union Thug

Does anyone know of the exact reason the murderer Joe was discharged? UPS mgmt. endorses and exercises disparate treatment of employees. It is my gut feeling that the tragedy in AL could have been averted if UPS changed its management style. Harassment and/or Retaliation by UPS mgmt. was probably a major factor in that tragedy.

Joe probably was discharged for failure to follow mgmt. instructions. Missing a handrail, not walking across a customers lawns, pulling his handcart instead of pushing it; not using his 4 ways when parked for lunch, not checking if his defrosters work during a summertime pretrip, or some other minute infractions.

Some good drivers receive discipline for very minor infractions while other drivers are speeding, texting, talking on the phone, signing for packages, etc receive little or no discipline. UPS management observations are very disparate. They may tell one driver "hey you need to pull in your mirrors; ok? speedy" and the "Joe" type driver gets a warning notice, suspension or discharge for the same infraction.
I don't know much about why Joe was fired but can I definitely tell you that at least one of the immediate fulltime sups he had at that time can be a total pompous :censored2:bag when he wants to.

browned out

I don't know much about why Joe was fired but can I definitely tell you that at least one of the immediate fulltime sups he had at that time can be a total pompous :censored2:bag when he wants to.

A lot of Sups are. But something above and beyond the usual dbag ,dhead ,harassment, intimidation and retaliation was done to Joe. Joe did not just snap because he was discharged; he snapped due to why and how he was discharged...whatever that was. It has not been released anywhere. Wrongdoing...what wrongdoing? If you are in management and you make up lies in order to get someone fired; you are putting at least your livelihood at significant risk. If you are in management and you go above and beyond to nit pick and hammer one driver while you let other drivers slide...you should not be surprised if there is some kind of retribution.

Harassment and Retaliation are commonplace in UPS management tactics. Let's change these tactics to ethics. What was the exact harassment, intimidation, retaliation and/or dishonest management doing that drove Joe over the edge???

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
A lot of Sups are. But something above and beyond the usual dbag ,dhead ,harassment, intimidation and retaliation was done to Joe. Joe did not just snap because he was discharged; he snapped due to why and how he was discharged...whatever that was. It has not been released anywhere. Wrongdoing...what wrongdoing? If you are in management and you make up lies in order to get someone fired; you are putting at least your livelihood at significant risk. If you are in management and you go above and beyond to nit pick and hammer one driver while you let other drivers slide...you should not be surprised if there is some kind of retribution.

Harassment and Retaliation are commonplace in UPS management tactics. Let's change these tactics to ethics. What was the exact harassment, intimidation, retaliation and/or dishonest management doing that drove Joe over the edge???
It's a secret that has been long swept under the rug. Move along.......Nothing to see here.....get back to work.

box_beeyotch

Do you ever think maybe the guy was actually crazy and just didn't care? I mean you piss someone like that off bad enough, they will kill you.

Kirtus

UPS sups try too hard to be the militant hardcore gestapo but they end up running the hub like a bunch of circus clowns. They get stupid on people for stupid reasons and let things slide. Their logic doesn't even make sense, it's all over the place.

-I've been told I can't talked to my co-worker by a part-time sup only to have him let his buddies talk.

-rookies get sent to small sort while the veterans unload/load.

-full time sups "forget" who's scheduled to go on vacation.

-You can't go home early because some other area's understaffed.(even though sups already let 2 guys go home)

browned out

Do you ever think maybe the guy was actually crazy and just didn't care? I mean you piss someone like that off bad enough, they will kill you.

The individual was driven to his breaking point by daily harassment and bullying by UPS management over the course of many years. It does not justify what happened. 3 people would still be alive is UPS discontinued the prevalent management tactics.

browned out

The news and social media have been covering in depth the horrible on air shooting deaths of Alison Parker and Adam Ward.
They have uncovered that the shooter was a known time bomb. He was discharged for legitimate reasons. His former employers go into great depth explaining the nut's behavior and why he was fired. He had a history of anger issues, etc. These reasons are all over the media.

If Joe was fired for a discharge worthy cause; UPS would have disclosed the reason for such firing.

UPS has not. UPS does not want to go on record and say: Well, you know, Joe was a real problem employee. Joe committed numerous methods violations and we had to discharge him.
Joe forgot to beep his horn once at a stop, he pulled his handcart instead of pushing it, he did not walk across a customers lawn, he forgot to put his 4 ways on while parked at lunch. Joe forgot to test his defrosters during a summertime pretrip. You know...horrible things he needed to be discharged for. He committed these serious violations so we had to take away his livelihood of 21+ years.

We observed him numerous times and we at UPS tried to correct his behavior and get Joe to speed up by having our supervisor literally walk on the back of Joe's shoes in order to try to get him to go faster. We "talked with" him every single day to try to get him to correct his unacceptable behavior.

Then UPS would state: Sure we let our drivers speed everyday even though we have the technology to know exactly how fast they are going at all times. We let our "best" drivers get away with avoidable tier 3 crashes caused by our driver talking and/or texting on their phones while driving the UPS vehicle. We let some of our drivers forge you signatures and skip their lunches and breaks. We know all of these methods violations are happening. None of these things need to be addressed. Lets get rid of Joe.

The world has answers to why that nut job in VA shot and killed 2 people. We have been allowed to see his work history.

What and Where is Joe's discharge explanation? UPS tell the world what management instruction Joe failed to follow. What were the prescribed methods and procedures he failed to follow?

Way to go UPS. 3 people are dead because of your disparate treatment, harassment & intimidation techniques. Way to go Teamsters Union for letting UPS get away with the harassment and intimidation.

Whatusay

What about all the sexual harassment by management that's been going on as well over the years smacking female employees on the ass, making sexual comments, trying to force a female employee into the bathroom, oh and after her husband found out about that he showed up at UPS. They just move management around from building to building they don't lose a day's pay. United Parcel Service is a very unsafe place to work!!!!!