Havent started in work for two months after finishing UPS school

nWo

Update: just finished my third day today with my supervisor. Really cool guy and also finished 20 min ahead of scheduled time or “scratch.” On my own tomorrow and my supervisor told me he isnt worried about me at all to make qualifications. Stoked.

Any time they say that it means they are definitely going to DQ you. It's unfortunate.

Steamer

Sorry but it's usually due to seniority. They have been cutting a few drivers each day at our center as well. They just don't need the help yet more than likely. They aren't going to turn down help when they need it. It's just bad timing. It happened to us all when we first started. Some weeks you will get 5 days. Some it will be 1 or zero. Until you move up in the ladder.

OutAndAbout

Qualified today. It was a congrats and then “you did this wrong and this wrong.” And thats the work vibe I got during my 30 days. What i learned is definitely DO the methods or else. My supe is super cool but knows how to switch on you real quick. He actually apologized about it to me how he felt like they were sorta attacking me but i told him thats the no offence but i felt like thats the “UPS vibe.” Also heard some stories in the past from veteran drivers and also reading the :censored2: people post on these threads lolll.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Glad you made book today. Don't forget the way the company jerked you around during your probationary period, because if you make this job your career, be prepared to be jerked around the whole time you're here. I was there 38+ years, and I saw it on a daily basis in some shape or form. Management does it because they can.

Brownwind

Qualified today. It was a congrats and then “you did this wrong and this wrong.” And thats the work vibe I got during my 30 days. What i learned is definitely DO the methods or else. My supe is super cool but knows how to switch on you real quick. He actually apologized about it to me how he felt like they were sorta attacking me but i told him thats the no offence but i felt like thats the “UPS vibe.” Also heard some stories in the past from veteran drivers and also reading the :censored2: people post on these threads lolll.
Congratulations and welcome. Yep yep it’s method time from here on. Be safe protecting your body and reputation. Enjoy the ride and protect the brown shield on your truck. Customer is king, treat them well.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
This job is 90% mental, most people I see quit are the one who crack under pressure from management. Not the physical aspect of the daily grind.

OutAndAbout

This job is 90% mental, most people I see quit are the one who crack under pressure from management. Not the physical aspect of the daily grind.
Seems like keeping your head down and just do your job is the best thing to do lol. My steward said to find a pace you can work at and dont kill yourself over it because its a long 30 years if you plan on making this a career.

OutAndAbout

Had a big meet with the union steward yesterday in the parking lot discussing about camera’s being installed in the trucks. Albany has it installed already.

OutAndAbout

A bunch of drivers are retiring this year and my union steward (i actually knew his brother— small world) told me yesterday I may be offered a full time position next week. My inly gripes is :censored2:ing 22.4 and being stuck on my current pay…