Havent started in work for two months after finishing UPS school

OutAndAbout

Starting August 1, I’ll be making $40/hr in car wash. 8-)
Seriously though, it truly sucks that it takes you guys 4 years now to get to top pay.
It was only 2 years when I started.
So once im full time— do i start my progression to top pay in four years? Also does my pay stay stuck at current rate then goes to top rate?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So once im full time— do i start my progression to top pay in four years? Also does my pay stay stuck at current rate then goes to top rate?
You would be red circled at your current pay rate until such time as the contractual wages exceed that rate. Generally, you would start progression at 75% of top rate and work you way up in 5% increments for the first 3 years before jumping to top rate at the start of the 4th year, which is about an $11-12/hr jump. If you are contributing to your 401k and are comfortably living at the 85-90% of top rate level, do yourself a favor and max out your 401k when you do reach top rate. You will thank yourself when you get to be my age.

OutAndAbout

You would be red circled at your current pay rate until such time as the contractual wages exceed that rate. Generally, you would start progression at 75% of top rate and work you way up in 5% increments for the first 3 years before jumping to top rate at the start of the 4th year, which is about an $11-12/hr jump. If you are contributing to your 401k and are comfortably living at the 85-90% of top rate level, do yourself a favor and max out your 401k when you do reach top rate. You will thank yourself when you get to be my age.

I qualified like a month ago and my union steward said they may offer me full time next week. So if they offer me that then the 4 year progression starts?