Heat issues with tattoos.

oldngray

nowhere special
The guy who used to run the route next to mine had obscene tattoos (he had them before he got hired). They offended customers so he had to keep them covered even in 100 degree weather. It was his own fault for getting those tattoos and then expect to work in a job where you meet the public.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
There was a time we only had long pants, we made it though Summer months with no problem........

ikoi62

Local 177 has problems with tattoos and two guys past out yesterday that have them. They were covered pants and long sleeves.
Local 177 does not have a problem with tattoos...the company does. when i was hired 28 years ago i was told to keep them covered and i have to this day.if they got them after they got hired they should have known better then to get them where they could be seen.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Mechanics are required to be clean shaven apart from a moustache no lower than the corners of the mouth. We work at night, are generally not seen by customers, and covered in dirt. Go figure.

Our guys don't cover theirs but then again I haven't seen anyone with anything offensive. Folks are free to tat up but be prepared to cover up if they tell you. Weigh what's most important.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
The guy who used to run the route next to mine had obscene tattoos (he had them before he got hired). They offended customers so he had to keep them covered even in 100 degree weather. It was his own fault for getting those tattoos and then expect to work in a job where you meet the public.

Our Local says if UPS knew you had the tattoos before they hired you it's their problem, not the Drivers, but obscene might be pushing it.

oldngray

nowhere special
He probably wore a long sleeve shirt or didn't flash his tats. And if he worked inside it wouldn't be an issue until he went driving and appearance mattered.

bigblu 2 you

guy gets some offensive tatts.guy gets a job at ups. guy has to cover up offensive tatts. guy has heat stroke from covering up tatts.dont get tatts that have to be covered up.