Hey Carole--How is that Bigger not Better workin for ya?

Brownsocks

Just a dog
You may type one thing, but your heart is with Your Most Beloved Leader.....Who are you kiddin'??
I am a Trump voter, but that doesn't mean I can't applaud Biden for stances he takes that I agree with. The two positions I agree with Biden on is his support of Amazon workers attempt to unionize, and hes all for saving pension funds bankrupted by the Fed.

The only reasons Amazon would aquire UPS is to corner the market, or shut us down. The Fed would be all over it.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Some Republicans are anti-labor*
If unions weren't in bed with the Democrats there would be more pro-union Republicans
You can say that both ways though. If there were more pro-union Republicans, unions might have more than one option of who to get into bed with.

I am a Trump voter, but that doesn't mean I can't applaud Biden for stances he takes that I agree with. The two positions I agree with Biden on is his support of Amazon workers attempt to unionize, and hes all for saving pension funds bankrupted by the Fed.

The only reasons Amazon would aquire UPS is to corner the market, or shut us down. The Fed would be all over it.
Bankrupt by the Fed???

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Funds paid in premiums to the PBGC for insurance, but PBGC is poorly run and almost bankrupt.
Deregulation by Congress helped create the Central States crisis.
Congress killed employer pension rules for multi-employer plans that guaranteed enough funds were set aside for retirees.

Funds paid in premiums to the PBGC for insurance, but PBGC is poorly run and almost bankrupt.
Deregulation by Congress helped created the Central States crisis.
Congress killed employer pension rules for multi-employer plans that guaranteed enough funds were set aside for retirees.
Why couldn’t central states manage its own affairs while others could?

oldngray

nowhere special
They were - then the Feds moved in- took control- and ruined everything.
the Mob was better at managing money than the government

shocked face.jpg

Brownsocks

Just a dog
The Central States fund built Las Vegas and got 6% interest on the loans until Uncle Sam had to stick his nose in their business.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
I’m asking you because you made the accusations.
I am merely stating that it is a multitude of factors with the Federal government being a common denominator. The Federal Government needs to own up to their responsibility in this, pay the retirees, adopt hard set rules on fund stability, and leave it alone.

Fun Fact- “If you look at the top 50 employers in 1980, now only three of them still exist (in the plan),” Tom Nyhan, executive director of the Central States fund, told Bloomberg Law.