Hey Smokers

Oh Shoot

Im currently contemplating purchasing a smoker and will be a newbie to smoking meat. What brand smokers do you all have? Any suggestions and recipes to get me started would be appreciated.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Im currently contemplating purchasing a smoker and will be a newbie to smoking meat. What brand smokers do you all have? Any suggestions and recipes to get me started would be appreciated.
@joeboodog makes fun of mine. But I have one of those new fangled electric smokers. Made by Masterbuilt. I'm a newbie and it takes a lot of the guesswork out as far as temperatures go. Great flavor, just much easier.

upsgrunt

I have a Traeger, and love it. They are pricey though, and if I hadn't gotten it for free, I'm not sure I would have parted with that much money.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I have a Traeger, and love it. They are pricey though, and if I hadn't gotten it for free, I'm not sure I would have parted with that much money.
Traegers are great. Yes. They are not cheap. My uncle has a one it has bull horns as handles is bright red. It's a pellet smoker. I am contemplating buying one.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Electric or wood fired which is best?

Akorn you use lump charcoal and whatever wood flavor you want. It can also be used as a regular grill. It is AWSOME. Only like $300. U will need to get a temperature probe. Like $40. The electric one would be easier probably. Less versatile.

Plus, the electric one is a lot harder to use with inclement weather. Obviously plugged in, its more of an appliance. It does use wood chips for smoke, so like I said, the flavor is there. But it can only be used as a smoker. And unless you have a screened gazebo type place for it, rain and snow are a no go. It does however do fine around 25 degrees. I did some ribs and they were great.

Oh Shoot

Plus, the electric one is a lot harder to use with inclement weather. Obviously plugged in, its more of an appliance. It does use wood chips for smoke, so like I said, the flavor is there. But it can only be used as a smoker. And unless you have a screened gazebo type place for it, rain and snow are a no go. It does however do fine around 25 degrees. I did some ribs and they were great.
I already have a grill so im buying a smoker just for that sole purpose