eaglesRchamps52

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the boards here, just looking for some info from some seasoned vets on how to approach management about taking off from work because I'm at high risk for the coronavirus (and at a higher risk for severe complications).

My endocrinologist called me this morning and told me that I shouldn't be working (unless I can do it from home) due to the current CDC guidelines.

I can't be the only courier at FedEx that's at higher risk for the virus, but I truly wanted to keep working. I don't think management is going to just let me go on paid leave.

Any input on what my rights as a PT PM courier (been with Express for over a year) are, would be greatly appreciated.

I am FedEx

FT 3 year courier... I don’t even want to go into work... Our management is still not taking it seriously... We have only received gloves... no hand sanitizer...

Serf

Decade in. Do what you feel is right. Do what you are comfortable with. I for one are hard charging in. Good luck.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
FT 3 year courier... I don’t even want to go into work... Our management is still not taking it seriously... We have only received gloves... no hand sanitizer...
Don’t feel like the Lone Ranger. Big corporations lose they’re sense of reality towards their people that keep the company moving to create profit. Sanitizer should have been ordered for all facilities 4 weeks ago. Corporate procrastination could be the way of saying they don’t care.

eaglesRchamps52

I appreciate the input, everyone.

I see my doctor tomorrow morning; he will give me a letter requesting that FedEx allow me to stop working in order to follow CDC guidelines. I'll present the letter to my PM OPS manger and see what he says. I get the feeling I may have to apply for FMLA. We'll see...

PU volume started declining last week, so I wouldn't be surprised if management started pushing to condense some PU routes with a lot of businesses closing in PA and NJ.

I'll post an update tomorrow after I see my doctor and talk to my manager.