HOFFA FIRES OBRIEN FOR BEING TOO AGGRESSIVE WITH UPS

Union Power

Silent member
Was that "olive branch" a few weeks ago, to FZ, strategical? I don't think this was unexpected..
Please don't single out L89 as a catalyst for the termination. He reached out to multiple locals that visibly supported and voted TU.

After reading the letter from SO most can ascertain that the firing came because of multiple issues, not just reaching out to FZ and Co. It was also the issue that he was aggressive in taking on the company and it looks like his boss wasn't going to have that.
Remember, this isn't about members rights and ideas (did we waste all of those minutes of our lives interjecting "proposals"?) it's about big business and all the times we've watched people beating their fists and cussing the Republican (tea) Party on TV means NOTHING in light of SO's letter to his ex-boss.
What was the GP thinking when he hired SO? He knew that he was a real Teamster that cared about the membership.

Have the curtains finally been pulled back and what we thought was going on for the last 19 yrs was finally proven this week?

It's a sad day for real Teamsters and there's about 6,000 members who didn't vote that should be ashamed of themselves.

DirtySouth

So.... he sucks and you don't.

LMAO

-Bug-

Taylor's reputation in the Atlantic Area has been :censored2:. He has a well deserved bad reputation in these parts.

Steve South resigning on Thursday puts us in an even worse position. If more "keystone" negotiators turn in resignation letters, Taylor will be on his own.

Although.. he's probably already going to be "on his own" as many of Sean's friends (especially in the Eastern Region) plan to be "on his side of the room" during NMA negotiations.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Please don't single out L89 as a catalyst for the termination. He reached out to multiple locals that visibly supported and voted TU.

After reading the letter from SO most can ascertain that the firing came because of multiple issues, not just reaching out to FZ and Co. It was also the issue that he was aggressive in taking on the company and it looks like his boss wasn't going to have that.
Remember, this isn't about members rights and ideas (did we waste all of those minutes of our lives interjecting "proposals"?) it's about big business and all the times we've watched people beating their fists and cussing the Republican (tea) Party on TV means NOTHING in light of SO's letter to his ex-boss.
What was the GP thinking when he hired SO? He knew that he was a real Teamster that cared about the membership.

Have the curtains finally been pulled back and what we thought was going on for the last 19 yrs was finally proven this week?

It's a sad day for real Teamsters and there's about 6,000 members who didn't vote that should be ashamed of themselves.
I wasn't asking whether the firing was because of reaching out to TU ; I question whether or not the reaching out to TU was as political strategy to round up future sympathizers and support, because he knew they were gone anyway. That's how politics game works.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I wasn't asking whether the firing was because of reaching out to TU ; I question whether or not the reaching out to TU was as political strategy to round up future sympathizers and support, because he knew they were gone anyway. That's how politics game works.
why would he waste time in the locals that were content? He went to 804 who's change in administration strongly supports sean. BUT, the members were very vocal against the last contract. I think sean was addressing the problem areas knowing there was an issue.

DirtySouth

Maybe. O'Brien wants to be General President.

O'Brien put Zuckerman on his negotiating team and Zuckerman was campaigning against Ron H in his own local. That's a big part of why O'Brien got fired.

Ultimately, I don't care if O'Brien was "doing the right thing for the wrong reasons" as long as he was willing to fight the company.

DirtySouth

And just because IBT Communications is probably monitoring this thread...

This is how I feel about the O'Brien situation, Christie B. and Todd T.

ElXJHpr.jpg

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sound good?
@Bubblehead.... is not afraid to mix it up.

He just doesn't give me too many opportunities anymore.

:biggrin:

-Bug-
I realize there are a lot of people in a certain age group who's parents were hippies. I always laugh at some of the names that their children have. What they don't understand is they have to go through life like this unless they change their government name.

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sound good?

Perfectly put. I still think regardless of all that's transpired with this weeks news we all need to pull together to get the best contract we can get at ups. We need to stay on the company and the union. If this means questioning your local unions and the joint councils IBT UPS both local and in Atlanta so be it.

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sound good?
Taylor's reputation in the Atlantic Area has been :censored2:. He has a well deserved bad reputation in these parts.

Steve South resigning on Thursday puts us in an even worse position. If more "keystone" negotiators turn in resignation letters, Taylor will be on his own.

Although.. he's probably already going to be "on his own" as many of Sean's friends (especially in the Eastern Region) plan to be "on his side of the room" during NMA negotiations.
The only resignations are coming out of the east mostly local 25. This is a rather strategically bad move on their part. They can't possibly help their members as much or cause some trouble if need be. Nice solidarity but poor strategy. Possibly waiting a little while would have given them several advantages.

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sound good?
Now we have an out side the box thinker

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sound good?
why would he waste time in the locals that were content? He went to 804 who's change in administration strongly supports sean. BUT, the members were very vocal against the last contract. I think sean was addressing the problem areas knowing there was an issue.
He faces those members like a man and campaigned in the process. All on JR dime. Kind of funny

Union Power

Silent member
The only resignations are coming out of the east mostly local 25. This is a rather strategically bad move on their part. They can't possibly help their members as much or cause some trouble if need be. Nice solidarity but poor strategy. Possibly waiting a little while would have given them several advantages.
I agree but waiting a week to see how things shake out is a smarter move. A good general doesn't overreact.
Sometimes you just don't care and it shows that principle, loyalty, and honesty is worth more than an extra position and/or perks.
It's like the ending of "Elf" where the Dad tells his CEO boss to stuff it and heads out the door with his son.