HOFFA , HALL AND OBRIEN campaign announcement

804brown

Enough of this stuff. I want to learn about TDU. Can you supply me with the financials?
Oh the obsession with TDU and its finances. If you want to see the financials , join up, attend a convention and attend the last session. Nothing is hidden. But WHY this obsession with TDU's finances?? Its about ideas not finances. In truth the organization is a shoe string operation. They share tiny a tiny office with like minded groups.The size of the entire office is about the same size as Hoffa's personal office in the Marble Palace.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I too am a Teamster first and I too back my union. Our differences spring from the fact that you guys accept mediocrity and we do not. We dont settle for huge promises and below par contracts. We believe in real democracy not top- down out -of -touch "leaders" who impose contracts on the rank and file. This sort of action reminds me of the bad old days pre -1991. That is Hoffa's Legacy!!
So let's go let's go!!! How much in the TRF? what's Paffs salary? How much does Lev make? TDU dues? We are curious.

anHOURover

Im all for new leadership but how the heck do you want to get people involved but you charge them $20 for a t shirt and $5 for a bumper sticker...
So let me get this right... Your charging supporters to advertise for your slate?
That's not going to get the word out there good enough!!
You should be giving shirts and stickers out to anyone who wants them!!

http://teamstersunitedgear.org/
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1436152558.763392.jpg

Spongebob1

Im all for new leadership but how the heck do you want to get people involved but you charge them $20 for a t shirt and $5 for a bumper sticker...
So let me get this right... Your charging supporters to advertise for your slate?

View attachment 46133
Hey I'll take two,........
Thanks for posting,

804brown

View attachment 46133
Its called fund raising. Whereas candidates such as Hoffa have lots of cash to spend on their campaigns (from companies, rich individuals and local officers), less known candidates have to raise money in order to travel and meet the rank and file. Obama wasnt giving away shirts in 2008 either.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Its called fund raising. Whereas candidates such as Hoffa have lots of cash to spend on their campaigns (from companies, rich individuals and local officers), less known candidates have to raise money in order to travel and meet the rank and file. Obama wasnt giving away shirts in 2008 either.
You want to talk fundraising? Let's not forget the big TDU promise to Terence McAuliffe. Judy Vazquez dumped a ton into TDU. Was she a teamster? Nope. Was she even a citizen? Nope. Carey refused the donation but guess who accepted it? That's right. Good old TDU!
TDU started as a grassroots movement. Now it is just a launderer.

10 point

You want to talk fundraising? Let's not forget the big TDU promise to Terence McAuliffe. Judy Vazquez dumped a ton into TDU. Was she a teamster? Nope. Was she even a citizen? Nope. Carey refused the donation but guess who accepted it? That's right. Good old TDU!
TDU started as a grassroots movement. Now it is just a launderer.
Carey was ten times the man Hoffa Jr (Jim Kelly's buddy) is.
I'd buy a $200 t shirt to support a candidate like him.

anHOURover

I look at it differently.... In my eyes During campaigns its good to get as much tshirts stickers etc on the street as possible... That's FREE advertisement..... If you Sell the shirts/stickers you really limit their effectiveness... As For your statement about the $ factor.... In local elections every candidate chips in and purchases shirts, bumper stickers etc...
Everyone running on teamsters United has been making over 6 figures for quite some time...
You mean to tell me they have not planned and put aside to run a campaign? I believe it's just TDU being TDU... GIVE SOME campaign material out!!
THOUSANDS of teamsters have no clue who Tim is!!
But instead your charging supporters to do everything!!
Here print these petitions on your dime...
Buy a t shirt for $20
Buy a bumper sticker for $5
Buy a banner for $80
As much as it hurts to have hoffa/hall back in office This will never win an election!!

10 point

How do you quantify a statement like that ?

10x.... better ?

-Bug-
Qualify or quantify.
It's my opinion.
And to me, it signifies how I view each from my perspective as a leader and past blue collar worker (as insignificant as that may be to you) but your response to the statement shows how some are willing to pick at anything to devalue it...not that my opinion changes anything on here.

Every poster has earned a right to their opinion if it falls within the guidelines.

Is that OK with you BUG?
Can you overlook a opinion that was not aimed at you?
Petty.

Ron Carey lives on

Wait a sec, did Hall call that strike in 97. I don't think so. Carey laid out the demands, actually announced we were going out on CNN. I will give you Hall did a good job, believe me the GP pulls the trigger

Sent using BrownCafe App