Holding on to yesterday

upsdude

Those were the days when you could tell what kind of car it was a block away. Now days they all look alike. Sad to think the whole Ponderosa gang is gone.

I remember going to the dealership to see the "New" cars every year. As you said, now they all look alike and it seems like every month a "New" model is introduced.

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
Those were the days when you could tell what kind of car it was a block away. Now days they all look alike. Sad to think the whole Ponderous gang is gone.
I remember as a kid doing just that! It was more fun at night, when all you could see were the headlights.

P

pickup

How about Intellivision-do you remember that?

Yeah, intellivision really pushed the envelope at the time. The football game was considered cutting edge as opposed to the atari's football game whose players looked like space invaders. Remember those George Plimpton commercials for intellivision?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
When I was young we had a milkman and a bread truck that would drive around the neighborhood .Nothing was open on Sunday except churches.
A rotating antenna gave you less fuzzy TV reception.The rich folks had color TV's.
They have color tv in Canada now ??

Covemastah

1 superman where the hell would he change ,there are no phone boothes..

2 Evil Knievel....he wouldn't be allowed to do those jumps on tv today.because of 'the children ,bad influence'' or we couldn't afford the pay per view.

3 Planet of the Apes boy PETA wouldn't allow this!!

4 rolling around in the back of a Ford wood grained panel station wagon with my bros,while dad chain smoke up front with my mom holding baby sister on her lap!

5 being put in the corner during class facing the wall for being a smart ass!

6 playing little league ball with only boys on my team & the score counted.There were winners & losers. {judge ordered girls to play in `1978 ,my last yr 77...

7 aluminum sideing nuff said

8 topps cards .10 a pack

9 going to the store to buy smokes for dad

10 tv off the air & waking up to that funny noise with that weird looking thing on the sceen

11 baseball players on the same team every yr & 25/30 homers made him a power hitter,no juice..

12 Rice,Lynn ,Yaz ,Fisk,Petrocelli,Evans Louie Tiant bill Lee 1975 World Series, Greatest Series ever played,Fisk Homerun

P

pickup

pickup - they actually acknowledged this with the 1978 superman. After seeing lois dangling from a helicopter, clark looks for a place to change and goes up to a payphone without the booth. He looks and comes up with a better idea: change in a rapidly revolving door of a hotel lobby.

4 rolling around in the back of a Ford wood grained panel station wagon with my bros,while dad chain smoke up front with my mom holding baby sister on her lap!

Pickup- had the same station wagon, (did it say country on the side) there was a seat that popped out in the back ( the far back was a great place to be- out of reach of my father's swinging arm) and the middle seat folded if you wanted to put something like a long piece of furniture in it. Wotta a great car!!!

pickup - true, so true

8 topps cards .10 a pack

pickup - I'll flip ya!

pickup -Gimme a pack of salem for pop and a pack of kents for my dear old mom
10 tv off the air & waking up to that funny noise with that weird looking thing on the sceen
pickup -sucked with capn crunch soaking in the bowl and nothing on but that test pattern.
11 baseball players on the same team every yr & 25/30 homers made him a power hitter,no juice..
pickup - and no wildcard, first place meant everything!

and since this happened yesterday , I am not thread highjacking.

Covemastah

pickup - they actually acknowledged this with the 1978 superman. After seeing lois dangling from a helicopter, clark looks for a place to change and goes up to a payphone without the booth. He looks and comes up with a better idea: change in a rapidly revolving door of a hotel lobby.

Pickup- had the same station wagon, (did it say country on the side) there was a seat that popped out in the back ( the far back was a great place to be- out of reach of my father's swinging arm) and the middle seat folded if you wanted to put something like a long piece of furniture in it. Wotta a great car!!!

pickup - true, so true

8 topps cards .10 a pack

pickup - I'll flip ya!

pickup -Gimme a pack of salem for pop and a pack of kents for my dear old mom
pickup -sucked with capn crunch soaking in the bowl and nothing on but that test pattern.
pickup - and no wildcard, first place meant everything!

and since this happened yesterday , I am not thread highjacking, this video is for you covemaster.
YouTube - [HD 720p Super Slo-Mo] Alexander Semin Overtime Goal vs Boston Bruins 2/28/2009
that was a hell of a shot,,i stoped watching the Bruins when Bobby Orr left.. That ford wagon was a 1974 Think it was a Country Squire L.T.D

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

jbomb1010

Couldnt wait till Sat. afternoon rolled around to watch the Major League Baseball game of the week..... didnt matter who was playing. Anyone remember Major Astro? How about a late nite show called "Nightmare"

P

pickup

Couldnt wait till Sat. afternoon rolled around to watch the Major League Baseball game of the week..... didnt matter who was playing. Anyone remember Major Astro? How about a late nite show called "Nightmare"

yeah, the saturday game of the week! I remember watching a disproportionate number of st. louis games on nbc. This is when runs counted, bunting to move a runner over to get the run in and it hurt if you were rooting for the other team. Now, there can be a five run lead and you know that can be eliminated in one inning.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Here's a good one!...How many of you remembered to "Pledge Allegiance" to the flag in your "homeroom" class before the day started? When did they stop doing that?

I love these nostalgic threads. It shows even though we grew up different states- even countries, the days when things were simpler, were the best days of our lives in my opinion.