Hope IE has to run routes when we strike

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
No, that's virtually exactly what goes on. Spent 20 years on road, did last 10 in building. Once the yelling at drivers to get out of the building subsides at 8:50, let the Starbucks runs begin. How many times I walk into the office to find management huddled around computer watching YouTube vids, online shopping, hell, they even set up a cornhole game. Thought no one was watching, wrong! My favourite part was watching them squirm when the DM would come in for a few hours, and nothing was in order. But alas, management looks out for their own. Bad management still gets rewarded based on union sweat.
this

i keep telling you guys that your days suck in part because your Ops sups are lazy but nooo it’s always IE just giving bad plans :rolleyes:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
one time I came back from doing reds (air driver) and two centers worth of sups, had a football game going the length of one of the vehicle lineups. :D

F

Frankie's Friend

this

i keep telling you guys that your days suck in part because your Ops sups are lazy but nooo it’s always IE just giving bad plans :rolleyes:
We know why. We live it. We know many are lazy.
They never wanted to do bargaining unit jobs so many have morphed into lazy management "engagement".

The people I know in IE are smart and somewhat objectional folks. Unfortunately, I can't say that about most operational supes and that is frustrating for drivers that care about customer retention.

FYI: We get told that they used an old plan or they aren't allowed to change the DOL without congressional approval on days that are a total logistics mess.
Do you know how frustrating that is to customers? To drivers that care about customers?
Many drivers have just given up and resigned themselves to WAD and say pay me.

Stupidity is like a pebble thrown into a pond. They ripple effect only grows bigger from there.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
We get told that they used an old plan or they aren't allowed to change the DOL without congressional approval on days that are a total logistics mess.
total lie; the PDS owns the DOL, they can change it whenever and however they feel like

most are terrified of doing so because they think it will cause havoc and be irreversible

what a lot of them don't understand is that it was never auto-calculated by some super-computer, it was put together by a bunch of dudes huddled around a computer, same as they would do

F

Frankie's Friend

total lie; the PDS owns the DOL, they can change it whenever and however they feel like

most are terrified of doing so because they think it will cause havoc and be irreversible

what a lot of them don't understand is that it was never auto-calculated by some super-computer, it was put together by a bunch of dudes huddled around a computer, same as they would do
That makes sense.

F

Frankie's Friend

Too bad he still isn't running the company
Those generations of management made you want to go the extra mile for the company.
Common sense prevailed.
Now, children are driving the car at the local level.
Sometimes you just shake your head and marvel at the level of freshman leadership we deal with daily.

F

Frankie's Friend

And the gift keeps on giving. Like vd.

Those generations of management made you want to go the extra mile for the company.
Common sense prevailed.
Now, children are driving the car at the local level.
Sometimes you just shake your head and marvel at the level of freshman leadership we deal with daily.
I have lost all loyalty due to weak managers. And what are they going to do about it?