Hope IE has to run routes when we strike

Heavy Package

It would be great if IE had to run routes when the strike comes to fully appreciate their planning

IE is hard at work planning for August. I'm really worried, and you should be as well.

img_0553-jpg.79879

IESucks

Very true. and then in 5 years when we are ready to strike again, they will have PAS, ORION, diad app for cell phones, and be ready to replace us with a scab force of personal vehicle delivery drivers.

Its that next contract that i fear, they will have the technology to break a strike
Very true. and then in 5 years when we are ready to strike again, they will have PAS, ORION, diad app for cell phones, and be ready to replace us with a scab force of personal vehicle delivery drivers.

Its that next contract that i fear, they will have the technology to break a strike
Don't they have it now?

brown_trousers

We had some PVDs for peak. All but one quit in the first week. The other quit in the second week.
It would make sense that they would quit. But yet amazon and uber somehow maintain a large workforce despite the reports that many of these people are making little to no money.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
It would make sense that they would quit. But yet amazon and uber somehow maintain a large workforce despite the reports that many of these people are making little to no money.

I know of a UPS driver working for Amazon flex on Sundays...and of course, not reporting it to UPS (HOS reset period)

if one knows how to maintain a vehicle themselves, it is more profitable for them. I'm thinking about doing that, since it's staged as 4-hour time block at a time...

OrioN

A UPS driver thats not getting enough hours, and needs extra work somewhere else??? I want his job!
He's a first year driver, hired after peak 2017.

Monday to Friday driver, but I guess that's not enough; he's out there on the road on Saturday and Sunday

3 more years to top rate?

<shrugs>

brown_trousers

He's a first year driver, hired after peak 2017.

Monday to Friday driver, but I guess that's not enough; he's out there on the road on Saturday and Sunday

3 more years to top rate?

<shrugs>
Oh goodness! It took me years working at UPS just to get to $10 an hour. And almost a decade of part time work before getting a driving bid.

What do these new drivers start at? Like $18 hour

OrioN

I dunno, I'm his FedEx Home Delivery driver that brings his chewy.Com dog food and Wal-Mart stuff to him

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It's the workload honestly. Breaking even = a light day delivering some small stuff or just picking up a few people.
The workforce that actually works all day (and have take-home pay) is much smaller. And I think eventually the issues of maintaining a huge number of contractors that want a small workload are going to catch up to to these companies. It's not 9.5. It is 2 hours or less for most.

PT Car Washer

It's the workload honestly. Breaking even = a light day delivering some small stuff or just picking up a few people.
The workforce that actually works all day (and have take-home pay) is much smaller. And I think eventually the issues of maintaining a huge number of contractors that want a small workload are going to catch up to to these companies. It's not 9.5. It is 2 hours or less for most.
The logistics of having a hundred Uber drivers doing the work of one package car driver, dependably day after day, cancels out any cost savings if any. And UPS knows this.

brown_trousers

The logistics of having a hundred Uber drivers doing the work of one package car driver, dependably day after day, cancels out any cost savings if any. And UPS knows this.

If thats the case, then we dont need contract language forbidding UPS from using PVD.

But i have a feeling we do need to stop UPS. They would absolutely replace us with PVD if we let them