Hot in Alabama (on topic)

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
AC will never happen because of the in and out nature of the job. Imagine how long that compressor and other components would last restarting 150+ times a day?

Somehow FedEx keeps making a tidy profit with air conditioning in their delivery vehicles. I doubt we will ever get A/C, they don't even want to add a power outlet to our dash. I asked for a fan but my mechanic claims my dash doesn't have a good place to mount one. It would just blow hot air on me anyway.

john chesney

Should have known there would be a smartass in the group....not a new driver....been driving for 15 years. (my husband is the actual driver, not me)

yes, temp of truck sucks and drinking all the water barely keeps you hidrated....

he wears those gloves as well...

its just something i thought i would ask....[/QUO
Is it normal to drive a truck with no air and most of the time no fan?

We live in Alabama and summer begins in May and we never know when it will finally begin to cool off.

Alabama summer's have high temperatures averaging over 90 °friend. Oh, and don't forget about the humidity.
Its very nice of you to care about your husband.The truth is you or nobody that is not doing this job can EVER understand what we go through. I don't even attempt to explain it's impossible for someone to understand.Love him and support him I'm sure the reason he keeps going is for his family and it's just keeps getting harder with age.Ive died a thousand deaths out in the heat and the freezing cold it's unbearable

Its very nice of you to care about your husband.The truth is you or nobody that is not doing this job can EVER understand what we go through. I don't even attempt to explain it's impossible for someone to understand.Love him and support him I'm sure the reason he keeps going is for his family and it's just keeps getting harder with age.Ive died a thousand deaths out in the heat and the freezing cold it's unbearable
You are right, I can't even imagine what all of you go through every day. Im just a wifey that had a question and go what I needed.....Thanks John!

Especially the old trucks. Almost zero heat in the winter.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
If you aren't going to the bathroom, your body is in serious trouble

Nah, this only happens once in a while, when I'm running gunning... I has a pea bottle in the cargo area because I don't like to go behind a tree.

OrioN

Those are good for quick stuff , but not all day . They don't breathe well and your hand gets sweaty

I cut the finger tips off and use them for bulk stuff only. My lady wants callous-free hands when it's playtime:jumping::surprised::wink2:

OrioN

AC will never happen because of the in and out nature of the job. Imagine how long that compressor and other components would last restarting 150+ times a day?

One of the reasons why the eggplant side keeps their vehicles running, LoL.

Some of them needs to learn to engage the parking brake at every stop, though

That is an express / airmail driver! Didn't they get better training than ground or HD drivers???

OrioN

Somehow FedEx keeps making a tidy profit with air conditioning in their delivery vehicles. ...I asked for a fan but my mechanic claims my dash doesn't have a good place to mount one. It would just blow hot air on me anyway.

FedEx is making profits for their share holder s because 2/3 or more of the workforce are subcontractors, no bennies, OT, sick pay, vacation pay, holiday pay, etc...

Your mechanic is lazy or their pinching pennies... moving air > stale air

john chesney

Somehow FedEx keeps making a tidy profit with air conditioning in their delivery vehicles. I doubt we will ever get A/C, they don't even want to add a power outlet to our dash. I asked for a fan but my mechanic claims my dash doesn't have a good place to mount one. It would just blow hot air on me anyway.
Remember ups wants us to suffer.Never forget this. It may help you realize why they do something's that don't make sence

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

I would think ac components would last at least as long as any other mechanical component.
I do agree that we'll probably never have ac.

MAKAVELI

Yes we have AC but we're not paid $36 hour with a fat pension and fully paid health insurance. We can trade if you want.:thumbup: