Hourly pay issue

ManInBrown

Cool that sounds like a good course of action for me. Thankfully the Sup always is helpful with hour adjustment so I’ll see what he can do for me.
Yeah it's really the correct route to take

I'm all for getting the union involved in everything. I won't even say hello to management in the morning without my steward present, but in this case it could just be a simple error. Give them the benefit of the doubt and see if it can be fixed, in a timely manner. By no means, let them give you the run around. Give them a few days max.

Andizzy

Any input on getting my 6th day back? I’ve never worked over 5 hours a day, so I’m certain that overtime pay isn’t an issue. I know I just started but I receive praise from all the Sups and HR reps I’ve come across. I take my job very seriously, I really enjoy working for this company, especially with the long term benefits. How would you all recommend I approach this situation? Last Saturday for example they’re two people per belt, between 20-28 trucks per belt. A PT sup was working the entire shift. So I find it completely unfair that myself, a hard working, detail oriented individual is being deprived of an opportunity.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Yes I work in preload. I passed the probationary period, had a “graduation” ceremony yesterday though I was told well over a week ago that I’ve passed the period. I was give a brown bag with another’s last name on it as well as 2 oversized shirts hah. Was a very “political” feel to the entire photo sesh. Off topic but it gave me a good laugh.
Photo sesh? Don't believe anything they tell you. Nudes are mot required - no matter what @Indecisi0n says.

Weaver

There are a lot of issues that need to be addressed my at my center, every day the week all my PT Supes end up loading. I saw this was a grievable offense, yet I wanted to wait a little while longer before addressing it.

If it hurts your feelings so much how about you tell them to stop and you do the work they were doing?

Any input on getting my 6th day back? I’ve never worked over 5 hours a day, so I’m certain that overtime pay isn’t an issue. I know I just started but I receive praise from all the Sups and HR reps I’ve come across. I take my job very seriously, I really enjoy working for this company, especially with the long term benefits. How would you all recommend I approach this situation? Last Saturday for example they’re two people per belt, between 20-28 trucks per belt. A PT sup was working the entire shift. So I find it completely unfair that myself, a hard working, detail oriented individual is being deprived of an opportunity.
Working a sixth day is OT and would be awarded by seniority. You are not entitled to OT. However having sups working means management is not adequately staffing the Saturday sort and would be a grievance. Graduation ceremony? Really?

There are a lot of issues that need to be addressed my at my center, every day the week all my PT Supes end up loading. I saw this was a grievable offense, yet I wanted to wait a little while longer before addressing it. I hope to be a driver sooner than later, and I see the Supes are able to help me attain that. So I’d rather not bite the hand that feeds me type deal, yet it’s annoying to see this happen. I feel wrong for overlooking this injustice for my own gain though.

We have had days of all pt supes unloading more often than not. If they're not in trailers they're scanning and there's drivers scanning/sorting. I feel bad for whoever has to deal with this :censored2: haha. Seeing them sweat and get exhausted is great. The other day two belt supes had to come do air and two package cars. I think I'm the only person at work who takes it seriously. I know it is slave labor and a lot of our crew is the working poor, but get it together management. Stop hiring your pals and hire workers.

Andizzy

Working a sixth day is OT and would be awarded by seniority. You are not entitled to OT. However having sups working means management is not adequately staffing the Saturday sort and would be a grievance. Graduation ceremony? Really?
So then by working the 6th I should’ve received overtime pay?

Andizzy

If it hurts your feelings so much how about you tell them to stop and you do the work they were doing?
More so then my feeling being hurt it draws into question the strength of this union. How we all just deal with these conditions. Take that to the bigger picture as well with the state of current worldly affairs. I know I’m changing this world pimpin, hope everyone is ready.

More so then my feeling being hurt it draws into question the strength of this union. How we all just deal with these conditions. Take that to the bigger picture as well with the state of current worldly affairs. I know I’m changing this world pimpin, hope everyone is ready.
I gave up on changing the world 40 years ago. Made life a lot easier. Now I just focus on myself and family.

browner89

You mean you didn't? Yes, sixth day is time and a half and seventh day is double time.

6th punch doesn't apply to every local. Not a word of mention in mine. Anything > 5/day, unless double shifting, if working AM/PM OT is after 8 for the day. Sundays and Holidays are double (for my local supplement).

Advice to OP regarding 6th day - talk to Steward and read your local handbook yourself to be sure.

6th punch doesn't apply to every local. Not a word of mention in mine. Anything > 5/day, unless double shifting, if working AM/PM OT is after 8 for the day. Sundays and Holidays are double (for my local supplement).

Advice to OP regarding 6th day - talk to Steward and read your local handbook yourself to be sure.
OT is after working 5 hours regardless if you are double shifting or not.

Andizzy

Thanks for that, I’m going to follow up on this as soon as I return. What is the easiest way to attain a handbook? Steward as well?

browner89

OT is after working 5 hours regardless if you are double shifting or not.

People need to stop posting anything as a 100% fact as the Teamsters contracts are not in sync at all.

In my Local, if you work, for example, preload and twilight/local/reload during the same day, OT is NOT after 5 hours. It is after 8 hours. I don't care how many years you have worked for UPS, you don't know every contract.

OT is NOT always after 5 hours. There are scenarios that you are simply wrong.

People need to stop posting anything as a 100% fact as the Teamsters contracts are not in sync at all.

In my Local, if you work, for example, preload and twilight/local/reload during the same day, OT is NOT after 5 hours. It is after 8 hours. I don't care how many years you have worked for UPS, you don't know every contract.

OT is NOT always after 5 hours. There are scenarios that you are simply wrong.
You may want to consider taking your own advice. Not every supplement is the same and how things work in your building may not apply in another area of the country.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Sounds like a crappy contract.