Hourly pay issue

watdaflock?

Hello everyone,
I am a new hire as of May 30, 2017. I started at the base pay of $10.20 an hour. I was told as of June 13, 2017 I should have been receiving $11 an hour. Up until yesterday, when I was first told it would be an issue, I was working six days a week. I had spoke with HR and that is when I found out my payraise was never properly pushed through, all though HR had approved it. HR instructed me to speak to my FT Supe, where I was told he would process an inquiry. I am a union member, so my question is who do I speak with about getting my owed money? Do I continue the HR/FT Supe route, or is this a matter for the union/union steward? Also what can I do about getting my sixth day back?
You'll never get your past due. Going forward every Friday make sure to "remind" your boss, if it's not on your paycheck.

browner89

You may want to consider taking your own advice. Not every supplement is the same and how things work in your building may not apply in another area of the country.

Wow it's almost as if you got the point I was making. You posted a blanket statement and I said "that's not true, read your contract!"

I'm glad that we agree, and I will take my own advice, I think reading your supplement handbook is a fantastic idea if you want to know what you're entitled to while working at UPS and understanding that many regions vary, so avoiding blanket statements about what is and isn't true is generally smart.

Btw, I stated twice in my post that I was referring to my local supplement so I'm not sure how you figured I was saying that my rules apply to the whole country. I was literally stating the exact opposite.

browner89

Thanks for that, I’m going to follow up on this as soon as I return. What is the easiest way to attain a handbook? Steward as well?

Sorry I never got back to you, they may not have handbooks laying around, I know my building rarely does, your local union may have them or you can just find it online here: UPS Agreements, 2013 – 2018