How Bad Will Peak Be?

Realistically, How Bad Will Peak Be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

falcon back

The car market goes up and down. A couple years ago older Broncos (66 to76 --first generation)) were all the rage. Good ones were going for anywhere from $75,000 to $125,00 at Barret-Jackson and Mecum. The most they got out of one at this years KC Mecum auction was $48,000. Real estate is a better investment (except California--that market is about to implode)
I have been to a bunch of Mecum auctions, 3 this year and Broncos, Scouts and K5 Blazers are still on fire. I did not see the one you mentioned but the ones I remembered were 50 to 70k. I don't recall ever seeing a 125k Bronco. The GM square body trucks are the rage right now. Put an LS motor in it, lower it and put some rims on it and watch the price climb. My neighbor is all into those. What we used to call rust and body damage, they now call PATINA. While I am sure real estate might bring better returns, you can buy desirable cars MUCH cheaper and still make some good money. I don't think the 20k you can still buy some cars will get you much in real estate.

I wish I had the number of cars in your picture in 1st generation Camaros. They continue to be a great investment and can still be found at decent prices from time to time. The late 60's Mopars are still priced so high, it can tie up a bunch of money until you are able to sell it. Put a Hemi in it and you better sell a lung or kidney before you can afford it.

HD219

Peak has been so-so at the Indy Hub. The biggest difference is that we're not getting slammed by tens of thousands of rollover. It's keep to a miniumn. I guess Freddy's shipment of Somali refugees came early this year and they put their butts on the input line. I'm so sick of 1-2 hour delayed sorts because of input's slow ass. Thursday I managed to get done before 5 PM, the first time on for a normal sort in 8 months. Things are only going smooth because the weather has been pretty mild and clear. All those temps are gone at the first of the new year and it's back to 50% staffing.
Sorry wrong thread. This is a thread about pensions, companies operating systems and cars. Maybe try a peak thre...wait a minute this IS a peak thread. Just playing. They've stopped rollover here also. Our terminal is falling way behind. They take all the rollover and toss it into trailers. Parked in the lot. Maybe we'll get to it by spring. Due to them not pushing rollover I've been getting done around 5pm.

Mutineer

you would know the best investment part is buying the car from the guy that spent the $ to build the car, or one of the owners after that.
Absolutely. And there are plenty who lose interest or run out of money AFTER the expensive stages of the project.
then you hunt for the seller that needs a quick sale.
...to pay off those post-holiday credit card bills. I have a friend who slithers around looking for those in Jan/Feb.

falcon back

Absolutely. And there are plenty who lose interest or run out of money AFTER the expensive stages of the project.

...to pay off those post-holiday credit card bills. I have a friend who slithers around looking for those in Jan/Feb.
Yep. Many people do a build and then realize they have no interest in the car. Money issues result in plenty of bargains. You have to act quick and be ready to pounce when the opportunity is there. If you snooze you lose. Since I am retired and have a trailer, I run across lots of deals. Some I act on, some I pass on because they are out of my comfort zone. I have bought a few dogs and been burnt, you just try to keep those to a minimum.

bacha29

I think it's safe to say that the only people that will allowed in the tornado zone for many weeks to come will be FEMA, National Guard, Utilities, NOAA , insurance adjusters and and local first responders.

Lates

I think it's safe to say that the only people that will allowed in the tornado zone for many weeks to come will be FEMA, National Guard, Utilities, NOAA , insurance adjusters and and local first responders.
Doubt it we have delivered into natural disaster areas before. People need medicine , replacement phones , and many other things. As long as we could get to the area the packages continued.

Basement Dweller

Fedex regularly makes us come in during 3 feet blizzards and temperatures so low where the state declares an stay at home emergency except basic essential services. Golf clubs, cabela's sniping chairs, and outdoor fishing tables are essential goods according to Freddy.

SFFX

Fedex regularly makes us come in during 3 feet blizzards and temperatures so low where the state declares an stay at home emergency except basic essential services. Golf clubs, cabela's sniping chairs, and outdoor fishing tables are essential goods according to Freddy.
Remember Safety First!!!! 😆

NC man

Easiest so far in my 33 yrs and my last. Only one day over 100 stops,we have good help and drop areas.Drop mine and go,clocked out at 1500 today.
Not over snd knock on wood ,are people waiting til last min again?

Easiest so far in my 33 yrs and my last. Only one day over 100 stops,we have good help and drop areas.Drop mine and go,clocked out at 1500 today.
Not over snd knock on wood ,are people waiting til last min again?
The FedEx ground driver on my route has been working 7 days for months and now he's ticked off because he has to also deliver express stuff

falcon back

Did you not realize you had to work in all weather conditions when you got hired?

falcon back

When's the last time you delivered packages in a 3 foot snowstorm, dip:poop: ?
You don't like the bad weather, you have 3 choices. Quit the company, move or do your job. I am sure this wasn't the 1st 3ft snowstorm. I used to visit my mom in Minneapolis. 3ft of snow and single digit or below zero temps were normal winters. Should FDX shut down for weeks at a time?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You don't like the bad weather, you have 3 choices. Quit the company, move or do your job. I am sure this wasn't the 1st 3ft snowstorm. I used to visit my mom in Minneapolis. 3ft of snow and single digit or below zero temps were normal winters. Should FDX shut down for weeks at a time?
Well doofus, see how far you get on an unplowed road with 3 feet of snow.

How'd you manage to go visit your mom? On sled with a team of huskies?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
So Profit is priority over Safety in your purview.

That’s not what FedEx publicizes, therefore you not aligned with corporate policy.

Why do you hate FedEx?

falcon back

Well doofus, see how far you get on an unplowed road with 3 feet of snow.

How'd you manage to go visit your mom? On sled with a team of huskies?
Any city that gets 3 ft of snow most likely has snow plows. You travel down roads that you are able to, by-pass roads that you can't. Pretty simple logic for those of us with common sense,