How Bad Will Peak Be?

Realistically, How Bad Will Peak Be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Working4the1%

I ran a golf cart route for UPS here in Florida. Rainy day last Tuesday, got a bad cold. Other than that best job I've ever had. Supposed to run three more weeks.
More junk science from the homeless
9ABC95EF-E47B-4DBD-A8C1-72C4528E357B.png

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Our peak was pretty manageable. If it was not for temps, especially at the ramp it would have been a crap show. Was told yesterday that the surge pay we have been receiving the last few months will be continued after Jan 1st.
The Nashville market was told the same thing. Also, Richard Smith said on the FedEx Minute (or whatever it's called, I don't know, and I'm merely conveying secondhand info) that the company is actively evaluating pay for front line employees.

yadig

The Nashville market was told the same thing. Also, Richard Smith said on the FedEx Minute (or whatever it's called, I don't know, and I'm merely conveying secondhand info) that the company is actively evaluating pay for front line employees.
I hear it’s still not enough for Nashville market.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It’s about time someone realized that the pay is a problem and is actually addressing it.

McFeely

Huge Member
Also, Richard Smith said on the FedEx Minute (or whatever it's called, I don't know, and I'm merely conveying secondhand info) that the company is actively evaluating pay for front line employees.

I’d be curious how many stations/markets will actually get a bump. This is the worst staffing situation I’ve ever seen at my station and we didn’t get any peak bonus pay increase like another local station did.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I hear it’s still not enough for Nashville market.
What a lot of those in the Nashville market won't tell you is that their home values have appreciated beyond all comprehension and they'll make a damn fortune if they sell now. If I were them I'd sell, move about 30 miles west, and commute.

falcon back

What a lot of those in the Nashville market won't tell you is that their home values have appreciated beyond all comprehension and they'll make a damn fortune if they sell now. If I were them I'd sell, move about 30 miles west, and commute.
Who cares if you make a fortune on selling your house. A 30 mile commute in Nashville traffic can take an hour or more. I was there last week for the Vol/Tiger basketball game and spent some time in Antioch and La Vernge one day and Lebanon another day. Gridlock was everywhere and it wasn't even rush hour. Who wants to spend that much time getting home everyday?

El Morado Diablo

I live in an area where average home prices have gone above $500,000, rental vacancy rates are <1% and rents are $1300+ for 1bd apartments and we are a base level station. If your station has these conditions and you aren't a metro market you're screwed because there is no where you can move to save money and commute.

We used to look at the market levels for the closest metro markets and say, "Well, the extra money they get all goes to housing so I guess I understand" the difference in market levels. Now that those prices have come to us we are all hurting - whether it's higher property taxes, home ownership going out of reach or higher rents.

bacha29

I only reply when you make misleading statements to set the record straight. You started this discussion saying that RPS/Ground has not changed since it started. I responded that it has. Are you saying that it is a management side saying that it has changed?

I am still waiting for you to pull the curtains back and show "ulterior motives". Do you mean by "ulterior motives" that FedEx is using contractors to pay less and avoid unionization. I think everyone knows that. If FedEx did "ulterior motives" or illegal actions over the 20+ years you were contracted with them, did you consult with a lawyer or report them to the proper authorities?
Now you're getting it. Dan Sullivan's creation of third party contractors was NOT to promote entrepreneurialism or build enterprise value for third party contractors. They were created for the purpose of having a third party upon whom he could dump as much risk liability and variable cost onto in order to preserve parent company margins.....That's the part that has never changed .
However when Fat Freddy got a hold of it he tried to expand it' into additional markets . Now when you consider the publicly embarrassing service related incidents and the on time service percentages that are beginning to lag behind the two other major carriers the question is will Fat Freddy be willing to accept this condition in return for the attractive margins or will he seek to correct the situation and what measures will he take in an effort to correct it? I've been told that he has to pay his mercenary contractors he calls "contingency contractors" 10 bucks a stop to get them to go around the country plugging the growing number of holes in the network created by contractors who quit unexpectedly. Getting to be quite a costly problem with some mercenary contractors having to stay on site for upwards of 6 months.