How bad

Rack em

Made the Podium
2130 must be nice. 2300 here
We stop delivering at 22:00 and the rest gets sheeted missed and we come in. 10:00 is still too late for people to be out delivering anytime of the year. I heard last year there was a center that had drivers delivering after midnight! I wouldn't be doing that.

GenericUsername

What kind of backwoods center are you out of?
We have over 200 drivers in one center during peak and cannot handle the amount of cars in our parking lot either. We have enough diads somehow (I think we store them somewhere because it's amazing we have them) and a ton of the helper phones. We just don't have space for all the packages that come down the belts. We have 24 footers filled to the brim for PVDs/PODs, 4 pups filled with post office stuff, feeders running during daytime for pickups...and still can't manage it.

quad decade guy

Our center is supposedly running an extra preload (normally none on Mondays) tomorrow morning. And we are supposed to have rain throughout the night followed by a drastic drop in temperatures at which time it will start snowing. We don’t have enough drivers or vehicles. And many of our DIADs can barely hold enough charge to last a normal day.

We are royally ******.
No but not is.....roll with it. Take the money. Peak will end in 5 weeks....sort of.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We stop delivering at 22:00 and the rest gets sheeted missed and we come in. 10:00 is still too late for people to be out delivering anytime of the year. I heard last year there was a center that had drivers delivering after midnight! I wouldn't be doing that.
Oh i agree but here it's basically if your 14 hours are not up you are expected to be delivering. PATHETIC look for the company but whatever.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We have over 200 drivers in one center during peak and cannot handle the amount of cars in our parking lot either. We have enough diads somehow (I think we store them somewhere because it's amazing we have them) and a ton of the helper phones. We just don't have space for all the packages that come down the belts. We have 24 footers filled to the brim for PVDs/PODs, 4 pups filled with post office stuff, feeders running during daytime for pickups...and still can't manage it.
I have taken to just double parking by a sup or a feeder. I am not showing up 30 minutes early because ups is too cheap to provide adequate parking for its employees

542thruNthru

I have taken to just double parking by a sup or a feeder. I am not showing up 30 minutes early because ups is too cheap to provide adequate parking for its employees
Seriously? What do you have like 20 cars at your building?

We got guys walking 2 blocks to the building from where they park.

542thruNthru

That's because you're in Cali and you tofu lovers are trying to cut down on gas emissions.
No, it's because every 5 or 6 years they take more of our parking lot and fence it off for trailers.

It amazes me how many people think they can use parking as a excuse for being late.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Embrace the suck..
tenor.gif

GenericUsername

ZERO chance i am blowing a horn after 8 pm
If I have to go out to help others during peak I'll take every measure to ensure that the whole neighborhood knows I'm there. Tree/bush near the road I can't see through? That's a double horn tap. Car parked in the street? Double horn tap. Person walking their dog? Yup, you guessed it - double horn tap. Then there's the stop.... I make sure everyone knows that the house is getting a package because hey, gotta make sure they see me! Our Center Manager doesn't care about complaints due to horns. Neither does our DM.