How bad

MethodsMan

Surprisingly light today.

Not sure if stuff is waiting to roll in, we’re adequately staffed or what but lighter than any normal day non peak

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm in a rental on a rural route and had a guy open the door a couple weeks ago with a gun next to the door. After realizing it was me, I saw his arm move away. That makes the 4th time in under 10 years of dealing with customers and guns. Having a rental really helps when the weather is bad, but yeah I worry about getting shot by some trigger happy farmer one day.
You probably don't have to worry about a trigger happy farmer. They were raised around guns and know how and when to use them. I would worry more about some city slicker who just got a gun recently and thinks that make him John friend'in Wayne.

ouanling

That may be due to the fact UPS was paying us time and a half on Saturday.
UPS likes to hold out when we're on ot. Today probably will be different.
The week definitely will be because all the orders for black Friday were going through on Friday and this weekend.
Now comes the time to pickup and ship.
Saturday is 100% double time in the new contract, your salary will be updated in the week

I talke dwith my sup and i was wrong, we had a big day she said on friday and saturday but because we have too many full time rental drivers, everyone gets very quiet days.

It was pretty calm today again. Some rental drivers had no work, nobody is quitting so they hired too much thinking at least half would quit.

ouanling

Yep. Ran an apt building on my route on Friday that normally has around 40 pieces. It had 7. Saturday it had 61 pieces. Walked them ALL to the door. There are ways to get around UPS' cheap scumbaggery.

if we had USA's 38.5$ top salary, on double time + holiday pay i would go to each door, kneel on a pillow and drop my head/raise my hands with the package" Thank you sir for ordering through UPS"

Saturday is 100% double time in the new contract, your salary will be updated in the week

I talke dwith my sup and i was wrong, we had a big day she said on friday and saturday but because we have too many full time rental drivers, everyone gets very quiet days.

It was pretty calm today again. Some rental drivers had no work, nobody is quitting so they hired too much thinking at least half would quit.
You are talking about Canada not the United States. We have a much different contract

542thruNthru

Yep we were told here that no one can work pass 6pm. All UPS stores were picked up at 530 when it's usually 630. All late pick ups were very ups.

Hot Carl

Was forced in on my day off today. Was told to expect a cluster:censored2: of a day. I walked into a truck with 130 stops on it and a helper for 2.99 hrs. Punched out at 17:10.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Waaah!
6agEDpMDwdWw.gif