How bummed will Laguna and Tony Q be when this contract goes down in flames?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Mason just called me from Atlanta. I didn’t give him my number, and still haven’t received a ballot. Typical UPS bull crap. Lmfao.

Mooseknuckle

To be fair, they haven't really provided much misinformation, they just have a different perspective and are RELENTLESS in pushing their point of view. I really see more misinformation and blatant conjecture from the "no" crowd. I voted against it, but some of the :censored2: that comes out on here is just crazy. I will admit that saying a "no" vote essentially means a strike is pretty ridiculous though.
Perspective is everything. Some in this union have locals that do nothing for them and, in fact, don't even show up to their office. Other locals have leadership that believes in them and will do their job in protecting their members. Having seen both I would give people the benefit of doubt when saying that some people are going off the deep end with their thoughts of how this contract will be abused if it were to pass. I don't think that it is far fetched at all to think this company will take advantage of anything it can to rid itself of this union entirely. There is an enormous amount of money involved.

Mooseknuckle

Actually I won’t be bummed either way. I don’t loose any sleep over this like my puppy dog @DriveInDriveOut does or all the vote no crybabies that want to go financial core if they don’t get their way. It simply means the membership voted no but, I do find it funny that half you guys did not even know you already had two tier drivers while the other half still use off the street hires. I mean really, you guys were telling people to vote no before you even got to read the contract. All in all I am not convinced either side has this thing in the bag so I wouldn’t be surprised with more drama yet to come. I will admit I do want to see the results already and move on.
Here we go again with with "already have two tier driver talk". A failure to enforce the existing contract does not mean we need to accept worse and spread it to the rest of the country. When you live in a glass house, don't throw stones at others.

The Real Jack RyanMI6

That whole crowd is still upset with Canada.

Never mind.... that Fred Z was thrust into the position to run for GP, because Tim S

couldn't even win his Local Union election.

Now, Fred Z is willing to take a "second seat" to Sean.

That is the epitome of weakness.

Why would Fred Z be pushing for a "yes" vote on the Local 89 Rider....

after he "flip flopped" from his previous endorsement ?

-Bug-
Im not really versed on all the players in the political side of all is from hoffa, to fred etc...
However, some arguments just make me wonder such as this one.
This is the richest contract ever!
So what can we learn from a box of cookies.
If you buy a box of 48 cookies you pay say $0.10 per cookie or $4.80 for your box of 48 cookies.
If you buy a box of 12 cookies you may pay $0.25 per cookie or $3.00 for your box of cookies. So whats my point. It only makes sense that being there are Significantly more Teamsters this contract, than before that UPS will be paying more money. The only question is did UPS pay more per Teamster than in other contracts or less per Teamster than in other contracts? If this really is the richest contract then why not make that argument both in terms of total dollars and on a per Teamster basis to the world put it in the WSJ have the Washington Post, or NY Times print it. So why havent they? If their right their right no need to hide or purposely pass over the simplest explanation, one available to any human who goes into a grocery store one that relies only on basic math! So why have those in charge purposely chosen to say vote Yes, but purposely not use the most basic, understandable, and uncomplicated arguments to prove their point. Just trust us and vote.

Last edited:

Mooseknuckle

Im not really versed on all the players in the political side of all is from hoffa, to fred etc...
However, some arguments just make me wonder such as this one.
This is the richest contract ever!
So what can we learn from a box of cookies.
If you buy a box of 48 cookies you pay say $0.10 per cookie or $4.80 for your box of 48 cookies.
If you buy a box of 12 cookies you may pay $0.25 per cookie or $3.00 for your box of cookies. So whats my point. It only makes sense that being there are Significantly more Teamsters this contract, than before that UPS will be paying more money. The only question is did UPS pay more per Teamster than in other contracts or less per Teamster than in other contracts? If this really is the richest contract then why not make that argument both in terms of total dollars and on a per Teamster basis to the world put it in the WSJ have the Washington Post, or NY Times print it. So why havent they?
Good point. They say that the numbers don't lie. I'd say that they don't tell the whole truth though.