How do you spend your lunch break?

CustomerConcern

Sometimes I use my lunch to follow other drivers around, and report them if they're doing things wrong.

Funny, about a year ago a Sup. did the same thing here, driver he was following called the police and told them someone was following him and scoping out the exspensive pkgs to steal and told them where he would be going for the next 20 min. Only took 5 for cops to catch up and pull over the Sup., and the driver just disappeared in the Resi area. Talk about one POed Sup.

TheKid

Pull over by the lake and turn on sports radio for an hour....like an earlier poster said....easiest $45.00 I make each day.....unless they said me to deliver a misload at the end of my day. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ Can you please run 2 towns away in afternoon traffic and deliver 1 pkg ? $ $ $ $ $ $ $

NHDRVR

Funny, about a year ago a Sup. did the same thing here, driver he was following called the police and told them someone was following him and scoping out the exspensive pkgs to steal and told them where he would be going for the next 20 min. Only took 5 for cops to catch up and pull over the Sup., and the driver just disappeared in the Resi area. Talk about one POed Sup.

I had a similar thing happen when I was a cover driver but I didn't know they were management. I called the police in case they were going to steal something. I thought I was doing the right thing. Yes, the 2 suits in the car were not happy. Which, in turn, made me happy.

rod

Retired 22 years
Pull over by the lake and turn on sports radio for an hour....like an earlier poster said....easiest $45.00 I make each day.....unless they said me to deliver a misload at the end of my day. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ Can you please run 2 towns away in afternoon traffic and deliver 1 pkg ? $ $ $ $ $ $ $

Easy $$$$$$

They once sent me 52 miles (one way - out of my way) to make a pickup a driver had missed. I got there and they had nothing going. Called the center and they said they had told me the wrong pickup and that they had sent another driver to get it Turned out to be a couple of 2 pound ground packages that could have just as easily been picked up the next day and up graded to Blue Label (2nd day air for you modern drivers). Lots of $$$$ wasted on that pickup that day --- but "service" was made. Remember "service"?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Easy $$$$$$

They once sent me 52 miles (one way - out of my way) to make a pickup a driver had missed. I got there and they had nothing going. Called the center and they said they had told me the wrong pickup and that they had sent another driver to get it Turned out to be a couple of 2 pound ground packages that could have just as easily been picked up the next day and up graded to Blue Label (2nd day air for you modern drivers). Lots of $$$$ wasted on that pickup that day --- but "service" was made. Remember "service"?[/QUOTE]

Not as described here.

Last edited:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
This post brings back memories of my days as an exception air driver.

I usually eat for 1/2 an hour and then go to the local running store to gab for 1/2 hour, usually.

browned out

I come in an hour early and sort my truck and code it off as my lunch or I just run and gun all day with no lunch.

Signed
4 morons in my center.

over9five

Staff member

I can top that! Many many years ago, one of our sups was following a driver. The driver went into a store to make a delivery, and the sup saw he had left his keys in the ignition. To teach the driver a lesson, the sup hopped in the PC and drove it away. The driver came out, and called the police in a panic. Police found and pulled over the PC, and removed the sup at gunpoint. The police were P/O'd after all the explanations were made. Hopefully, the driver and sup both learned a lesson!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I can top that! Many many years ago, one of our sups was following a driver. The driver went into a store to make a delivery, and the sup saw he had left his keys in the ignition. To teach the driver a lesson, the sup hopped in the PC and drove it away. The driver came out, and called the police in a panic. Police found and pulled over the PC, and removed the sup at gunpoint. The police were P/O'd after all the explanations were made. Hopefully, the driver and sup both learned a lesson!

OMG!! :surprised: That is tooo funny. :rofl::rofl:

CustomerConcern

Easy $$$$$$

They once sent me 52 miles (one way - out of my way) to make a pickup a driver had missed. I got there and they had nothing going. Called the center and they said they had told me the wrong pickup and that they had sent another driver to get it Turned out to be a couple of 2 pound ground packages that could have just as easily been picked up the next day and up graded to Blue Label (2nd day air for you modern drivers). Lots of $$$$ wasted on that pickup that day --- but "service" was made. Remember "service"?

Last Friday I delivered a Miss-sort because it was one of those "Perfect Service" days. 240 miles round trip, took me nearly 6 hours to deliver 1 pkg...epic.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Did anyone know that nda isnt put in the car as nda at some service areas? I waited all day for one last Friday. Got it at 330. After reading all this stuff, Im not suprised.

Being a bulk driver,I spend my lunch at the end of the day filling out grievance forms for excessive overtime so they are ready when my steward gets in in the morning.

over9five

Staff member
Sometimes I drive back to the building, and on the way buy Chinese food or something for my management team. They work hard and deserve it. Love to spend my lunch hour with them.