How many Drivers are on Worker’s Comp at your Building?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
With a number that high, I'm surprised the company has not fired that doctor. Light duty is the way things roll here. I have seen guys that can barely move put on so-called light duty. They have to answer phones.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
With a number that high, I'm surprised the company has not fired that doctor. Light duty is the way things roll here. I have seen guys that can barely move put on so-called light duty. They have to answer phones.
TAW can only be done for the first 30 days here. Then you get to stay home and eat bon-bons while watching Judge Judy.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I had shoulder surgery right before I retired. I had about an 8 month recovery. I was on comp for several months, then on TAW for 5-6 months. There was another guy who was recovering from hernia surgery out at the same time. All we did for 8 hours was sit in the break room and watch tv and play games on our phones.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Edit: sorry, it’s actually two hours. Article 14 sec. 2.
amateur_hour_anchorman.gif

burco8080

you can follow all the safety procedures and still have injuries that just the job,look what we deliver now trampoline,swing sets,reclining chairs.UPS new policy must be if it will fit you can ship.I am sorry but some of this should be handle by freight not PARCEL,and we wonder way are bodies are failing us.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
12 out of 95.
Wow that is nuts. We have zero. In my 5 years we've only had maybe 2 I think.

Now my previous center over 10 years we averaged 2-3 at about all times. Management always used it as an excuse for understaffing too.

Oh well we've got 2 guys on comp or fmla or whatever. Well when we've averaged that over a decade you should probably staff for it.

Wow that is nuts. We have zero. In my 5 years we've only had maybe 2 I think.

Now my previous center over 10 years we averaged 2-3 at about all times. Management always used it as an excuse for understaffing too.

Oh well we've got 2 guys on comp or fmla or whatever. Well when we've averaged that over a decade you should probably staff for it.
Or maybe just quit beating the crap out of people. The money they pay out for workman's comp is unbelievable

Imagine if more guys weren’t afraid and intimidated about reporting injuries? Numbers would be through the roof.
Seriously! Cut your hand and suddenly you are an irresponsible idiot. No I don't want to go to the hospital, I'm just reporting it incase something happens to it.

The real reason they don't want you to report it is because of OSHA. UPS has a very high history of workman's comp claims. That's why we have to do all of this stupid DOK :censored2:. It's part of the settlement that had with OSHA.