How many Drivers are on Worker’s Comp at your Building?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We have about 200 drivers between Package and Feeder in my Hub, I have no idea how many are out on Workman's Comp. There is always a few though. We have at least two that are injured enough to have a Handicapped Tag for theirselves and park in special Handicapped Parking Spaces. One drives package everyday and wears those stretch bandage things and the other had a mini-stoke on the job six months ago and is still working inside parking package cars. Here you can only work 29 days of light duty and Liberty Mutual has a fit if you go over eight hours.

We have about 200 drivers between Package and Feeder in my Hub, I have no idea how many are out on Workman's Comp. There is always a few though. We have at least two that are injured enough to have a Handicapped Tag for theirselves and park in special Handicapped Parking Spaces. One drives package everyday and wears those stretch bandage things and the other had a mini-stoke on the job six months ago and is still working inside parking package cars. Here you can only work 29 days of light duty and Liberty Mutual has a fit if you go over eight hours.
If you go over 29 days they have to make that a permanent position.

Liberty mutual sucks. I would never use that company for anything.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I was on TAW a couple of years ago and worked Preload one morning scanning packages going into a trailer. They didn't have a cover driver that knew my route one day so I played navigator. I got 15 hours and the company nurse had a fit over that, Liberty Mutual wasn't happy about it either.

GenericUsername

We had a guy who hurt his foot in our building. The doctor said he was fine to drive since it was his left foot, but couldn't carry more than 5 pounds at a time. Our sups made this guy drive around and refill all the drop boxes with supplies throughout the day instead of sitting around.

But to answer OPs question, zero out of 100+ drivers.

I was on TAW a couple of years ago and worked Preload one morning scanning packages going into a trailer. They didn't have a cover driver that knew my route one day so I played navigator. I got 15 hours and the company nurse had a fit over that, Liberty Mutual wasn't happy about it either.
Good!
friend* Liberty mutual.

Big bunch of whores.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Seems like the guys here alternate between Short term disability and WC. In between that time they call in all the time until management gets pissed, then they go out of some sort of leave. Couple guys seem to injure themselves doing yard work every spring, right before 90+ degree days.

Matter of fact, one guy just had a kid, in September of last year. He found out that he can take the FMLA leave anytime within the year of the child’s birth, he said he’s taking it in July/August of this year.

Last edited:
Seems like the guys here alternate between Short term disability and WC. In between that time they call in all the time until management gets :censored2:, then they go out of some sort of leave. Couple guys seem to injure themselves doing yard work every spring, right before 90+ degree days.

Matter of fact, one guy just had a kid, in September of last year. He found out that he can take the FMLA leave anytime within the year of the child’s birth, he said he’s taking it in July/August Of this year.
Lots of people abuse it.

wayfair

swollen member
Or maybe just quit beating the crap out of people. The money they pay out for workman's comp is unbelievable

Not here... Our governor is a POS

"Compensation for TTD is 70% of the injured worker's average weekly wage, but this amount is capped at 70% of the state's average weekly wage."

Johney

If the comp Dr. doesn't give you a restriction on hours why would they care? If the Dr. did give restrictions on hours than you shouldn't be exceeding them. Period.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
About 20 out of 80 something drivers are out. There are a few who went out on comp when the shooting happened at our building. I just think it’s gross to be milking that tragedy for almost a year now. Getting paid to sit at home for “trauma”. Get over it.

rod

Retired 22 years
We normally had a couple out on comp. Usually the same two. One of those guys managed to be on comp for like 5 or 6 peak seasons in a row. He would actually start saying about the first of November that it was "time" again. He had it down to a science. I went 17 years without calling in sick when I first started. Then I ended up with a herniated disk and missed 2 and a half months. My Center Manager called me after I had been home for a few days and told me he knew I was faking and to get my ass back to work. He was a real piece of work.