How many Drivers are on Worker’s Comp at your Building?

Every place I’ve worked there is at least one person that never works during peak, has the summer off, or both.

IESucks

My four times on workers comp for 2 hernias, herniated disc, and new shoulder is the only way I lasted 30 years. Lol. All after the weight increase

542thruNthru

The TAW work they offer here is maybe 20-25 hours so Liberty Mutual doesn't have to pay until you are off TAW.
They fukin choke you out here if you get hurt on the job.

Are you saying that when you get hurt and they put you on TAW you don't get your 8 hours?

Is that something in your supplement?

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
Can’t do this. There is language somewhere in the contract that TAW start time can only be varied by 1-1/2 hours.

When I was on TAW, my supervisors said my start time was 30 minutes after the drivers left. I came in an hour before the preload was done to watch and file on supervisors working. They changed my start time to 1 1/2 hours after the drivers left. I still came in early to watch and file. When they tried to tell I could not report early I told them there was nothing in the contract that says when you can report for work.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I report everything even when I know I will be at work the next day. I have seen too many drivers get denied of waiting too long and have to lawyer up to receive WC.
The night I hurt my shoulder, I still had about 3 hours till FW. It bothered me a bit, but at my age, it isn't unusual to have little aches and pains from time to time. I didn't even report it when I punched out. The next morning, I couldn't lift my arm. Went to the dr, and had an MRI. Completely torn rotator cuff, and muscle from bone. I called in and was asked why I didn't report it at the time. I told them it didn't bother me at the time. I usually reported stuff, even though it's minor. Sometimes fill out a precautionary, or at the very least, mention it to management in front of an hourly witness.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I was on TAW, my supervisors said my start time was 30 minutes after the drivers left. I came in an hour before the preload was done to watch and file on supervisors working. They changed my start time to 1 1/2 hours after the drivers left. I still came in early to watch and file. When they tried to tell I could not report early I told them there was nothing in the contract that says when you can report for work.

They can get you for loitering.

542thruNthru

"providing the work is available"

"management maintains the right to determine the availability and designation of all TAW assignments"

Wow that would never fly here. Do you have a weak BA? In my building they wish they didn't have to give us our 8. Hell we have guys that have just walked laps around the building all day.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Wow that would never fly here. Do you have a weak BA? In my building they wish they didn't have to give us our 8. Hell we have guys that have just walked laps around the building all day.
TAW in my local is your previous 52 week average. Last time I was on TAW I would sit in the DIAD room for 10 hours some days.