how many drivers ever were told sheet packages ni1,nr1,or res to not have missed?

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
:surprised: If we have a misload that we cannot deliver, were told to bring it to the office without sheeting it. I'm not sure what they put in the tracking info but I'm sure they cover there :censored2:... Also if we find a damaged pkg on our truck they also don't want us to sheet it, told to give to PM clerk, something about charging the bldg where the load originated from. (As if they really know when it was damaged).

As a matter of fact...in relation to damages. Once/or if a damage package is unloaded and scanned it is charged on/in the numbers of the current building that scanned it.

Hence, why when damages come out of the unload they are pulled aside and noted, then charged back to the last building they come from (scanned at). Then it goes on their numbers and not the current building.

The time that it takes to re-wrap plays a critical part in the daily plans. Your building doesn't make plan at times due to damages that the prior building didn't claim (probably to make their numbers). That is way they will not scan a damage until it has been re-wrapped.

The UPS numbers game is actually very interesting to be honest. Sounds like a bunch of BS but if people took the time to learn about why things are done a certian way they may find themselves even more proud to work for this company in whatever job capacity. :smart:

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
well after reading all the grief everyone is giving me about it- i'm thinking maybe i shouldn't have done what i did. yeah what the supervisor was telling me to do may have been kinda shady, but gosh darnit- i was only working as directed. it would be a shame to get fired for working as directed at any job.

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
on a side note- i found out today that recently my head saturday air manager was fired for telling saturday drivers to "change the zip codes" in the DIAD or "do some other types of editing" to avoid having late airs show up on the saturday report

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
well after reading all the grief everyone is giving me about it- i'm thinking maybe i shouldn't have done what i did. yeah what the supervisor was telling me to do may have been kinda shady, but gosh darnit- i was only working as directed. it would be a shame to get fired for working as directed at any job.
46+2, I wasn't trying to give you any grief and if it seemed that way I apologize. If you are fired for falsifying company documents (working as directed), that is a sticky situation. If you have proof you were working as directed you should get your job back. The key word is 'proof' no matter which way you look at it. CYA, at all times.

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
theres no need to apologize. you have as much a right to give advice on here as any one else. i certainly appreciate everyone looking out for me and giving me their own two cents. if we can't help eachother, none of us would ever learn anything, right?

wornoutupser

The latest in my building is to hide flips.

It appears that UPS has a problem that can not be fixed here.

I have been instructed several times lately to sheet good addresses as "bad add".

I have refused every time. Let'em write me up for that one!

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
theyre telling us now to sheet damages that have been loaded as refused even if the customer never sees the pkg. then bring it back to bldg and let clerk rewrap and send back again if its not actually damaged.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
theyre telling us now to sheet damages that have been loaded as refused even if the customer never sees the pkg. then bring it back to bldg and let clerk rewrap and send back again if its not actually damaged.
That's a riot!!!!!!!!! The clerks don't have enough knowlegde to know the difference between damaged and undamaged. A friend of ours received a pkg that had been checked for damaged and retaped. It was damaged when he got it.

Forty6and2

I'm Broken

...almost two weeks and i haven't heard anything about it. i doubt i will.

old levi's

blank space
You know how we have been told to never ever use non-del/other/other.
Now we are told if we have a damaged pkg. on the truck to enter it as non-del/other/other (inspect). What a load of crap.

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
That's a riot!!!!!!!!! The clerks don't have enough knowlegde to know the difference between damaged and undamaged. A friend of ours received a pkg that had been checked for damaged and retaped. It was damaged when he got it.

Never mind that...

My favorite is this:

a) everyone can tape a damage
b) only "trained" personel can fix a box.

Cracks me up evertime I hear it...

THIS IS NOT BRAIN SURGERY PEOPLE!

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE JUST TAPE THE BOX!!!!

myback

fyi, fyi does not stand for: for your information. it stands for some other words that begin with the letter friend and the letter Y. the third word which begins with the letter I does not stand for intelligence. FYI

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
fyi, fyi does not stand for: for your information. it stands for some other words that begin with the letter friend and the letter Y. the third word which begins with the letter I does not stand for intelligence. FYI

I assume that this is just a joke (that I didn't get...yet again, or maybe I did)

But if not you are absolutely incorrect.

FYI is an acronym for For Your Information or For Your Interest.

then again...poeple are just making crap up these days!

When someone in my center runs misloads, it is expected of the driver to pull over at 4:45 and sheet all business cl1.I was showed this by my on car sup at the time.As a younger driver i did this several times until i realized i was putting my job on the line. For any new drivers reading this: Do The Right Thing. You can beat most trouble for service issues, but an integrity issue is hard to overcome, even when it is for helping management. They become awful forgetful when trouble starts brewing.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Remember, wherever you sheet the package the GPS will stamp the location. If you're not in front of the place that's closed watch out.

Overpaid Union Thug

We are expected to "just give the package to the ECS Clerk" without sheeting it instead of sheeting as missed. I can give one good reason, if the others already given aren't enough, why people should never do that. Sometimes the preload sups are told to scan all the packages on certain cars. If a package was misloaded on that car then it will get scanned too. When the driver gives that package to the ECS Clerk without sheeting it then that will send up a red flag. Any package on that truck that was scanned by the preload sup but not by the driver will have to be answered for. So, if a driver is so scared about sheeting as missed then at least scan as NSN or SNS. I highly recommend doing it correctly and sheeting as missed.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Sheet it as missed then send in the message. If they tell you to sheet it as NI, you can tell them you already sheeted it as missed.
Then they will probably tell you to void the miss and re-sheet, to which I would respond, "I will not falsify company records".