How Much is Your Car Payment?

DriverNerd

Bought my wife a brand new Ram 1500 a few years ago. Total out the door somewhere around $45k. I'm not sure what the monthly payment is...maybe around $800? I pay $1025 a month on it. Will be paid off in a couple months. By far the biggest car purchase I've ever made...actually the first new car I've ever purchased.

rickyb

Bought my wife a brand new Ram 1500 a few years ago. Total out the door somewhere around $45k. I'm not sure what the monthly payment is...maybe around $800? I pay $1025 a month on it. Will be paid off in a couple months. By far the biggest car purchase I've ever made...actually the first new car I've ever purchased.
My buddy got a chevy new but if he was gonna get a domestic then get dodge w nice paint job new

Thebrownblob

Brembo brakes?
1682996021617.jpeg

clean hairy

You missed my point but that is OK----I am glad that you and your wife are enjoying retirement and that you went the extra mile to ensure that her needs were being met.

Perhaps you should make single payments on the house while making double payments on the car and then go back to double payments on the house when the car note is paid off in full.
I don't believe how he conducts his financial affairs is any of your business!
AND he did not ask for any financial advice from you!
You picked on retirees for posting here and promised you would no longer post once retired.
Did you forget about making that promise?

Yolo

Car? You mean my Duramax Diesel Cummins F350 Super Wagon OffRoad Dale Earnhardt Jr. Special Edition FX HEMI 4x4?

$875.64

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't believe how he conducts his financial affairs is any of your business!
AND he did not ask for any financial advice from you!
You picked on retirees for posting here and promised you would no longer post once retired.
Did you forget about making that promise?
You are correct in that it is none of my business how he conducts his financial affairs; however, he was complaining about a relatively small ($424) monthly car payment for a high end luxury car while making double payments on a $288K house. I simply offered what I thought to be a very reasonable way to get rid of that car note.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

@UpstateNYUPSer(Ret), I hope that you are doing well in retirement yourself. One more car note, I'll be glad to get rid of that. A good day for me is not cranking the car up to go anywhere at all. I don't know what you mean by missing your point but I am doing fine. My three pension payments and Social Security put more in my bank than UPS paychecks ever did. Life is good.
What I meant by "missing your point" was you are complaining about a relatively small ($424) car note for a high end luxury car while dropping $300K on a brand new house that you and your wife had built to your specs.

If it were me, I would focus on paying off the car first and then go back to paying off the house.

What'dyabringmetoday???

What I meant by "missing your point" was you are complaining about a relatively small ($424) car note for a high end luxury car while dropping $300K on a brand new house that you and your wife had built to your specs.

If it were me, I would focus on paying off the car first and then go back to paying off the house.
You ever consider being a financial advisor? No? Cool. Lol.