How should company fix peak problems?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
OK 25Plus and BUG ... I now know what you are talking about.

The context here is contract negotiations and PR.
When UPS and the Teamsters negotiate a contract and all the PR comes out about it, the Teamsters say how much they got for the workers and the company got screwed. UPS just lets it slide and takes it because it is the right thing to do for long term relationships.

UPS and Amazon will do the same thing. Amazon will blame UPS and UPS will let it slide even though Amazon is the one that blew their projections and blew out the UPS system.
UPS never fights it out in the press.

I don't think the Teamsters had anything to do with this peak season fiasco.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Stay with me.... man.

I "quoted" post #96.

My question was.... What would the Union have to accept blame for ??

The company runs their business.... not the Union.

-Bug-
Why did you extract one sentence out of several paragraphs?

And you did not include the post # the first time.

And the reason I did not relate what you were talking about is that you did not catch the change to PR management.

40andOut

Upstate, he was not asking you, don't try to mis-direct the thread.. So Hoaxster, why were the hard working Teamster employees at fault?

40andOut

And you did not include the post # the first time.
You can check the post he was quoting by simply clicking the small arrow up next to the quotation citation in his post.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
He and BUG were team tagging me about some small, insignificant mention of the Teamsters taken out of context.
The little arrow trick 25 plus pointed out would have helped me understand what they were talking about if I had known it.
Now I am in euphoric bliss with this little bit of knowledge how to use BC.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The only issue that I could possibly think of are those locals who insist upon extorting dues and initiation fees from seasonal workers as limiting the supply of qualified applicants; beyond that the Union played no role in this regional failure.

I understand, that is a contentious issue....

But, my Local doesn't do that. (and I believe there is another thread on that issue)

Things are different all over the country.... as I know you are aware.

When I read some areas only pay $8.50 an hour.... I shake my head.

Here in the Central.... they make $12.88.

It was the only thing that interested me in that post. :raspberry:

Let me go back and reread it.

-Bug-

40andOut

Hoaxster,
I now understand the context of your comment. Can you understand how your comment might have been read to mean the Teamsters were at fault? Sorry, I apologize.

40andOut

The only issue that I could possibly think of are those locals who insist upon extorting dues and initiation fees from seasonal workers as limiting the supply of qualified applicants; beyond that the Union played no role in this regional failure.
So I guess only Upstate blames the Teamsters for the fiasco.