How to motivate the rank and file to become more involved?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I don't understand this mentality of Us vs Them, we're all just people going to work, doing a job to get paid. Y'all act like it's a civil war at your local. Probably is with the way you treat people.

Management is just like anyone else, they mirror people's attitudes. You want to be a dick and file grievances for every little mistake they do and give them a hard time? Then they are gonna ride your ass until you leave. Show respect to each other.
Hi Cody.

Which mustang do you own?

I know a guy with a few.

On topic

Integrity

Binge Poster
Suggestions? I mostly introduce myself to them whenever I work alongside them and give them a brief explanation with the bread and butter articles like harassment and supervisors working. I know Rome wasn’t built in a day, and perhaps I need to become more patient.
My suggestion is for each part-timer shop steward to go to their people and show them the overwhelming bargaining power that exists in the UPS Teamsters part timer vote.

I think they need to know that there is power enough in the part timer vote to virtually control the UPS Teamsters bargaining issues.

I suggest the part-time shop stewards should meet to try and collectively harness this vote in solidarity for positive change for bargaining issues and for the correct power structure within the UPS Teamsters.

I firmly believe this would make for a better UPS for the Teamsters both now and in the future.

Part-Timer Power!!!!

FozziesDeliveries

I don't understand this mentality of Us vs Them, we're all just people going to work, doing a job to get paid. Y'all act like it's a civil war at your local. Probably is with the way you treat people....
My center has been pretty nonhostile but thats NOT going to last with our current path. I personally want to just do my job and be treated fairly but thats not how it works. Myself and others have been taken advantage of repeatedly by management because of our ignorance and inexperience. Management will say they are "following our contracts" so this motivated me to learn the contract and then realize they have been feeding us lines to get us to do what they want. "You can't file a grievence you need to come to us then give us 2 weeks to fix it then come back if its not fixed with a steward and give us 2 more weeks to fix it...." uhhh no. "If you come back under 8 hours work you need to switch to hours only" "morning meetings don't count towards 9.5" "you need to go back out again and deliver this" ect ect.

Tell me lies tell me sweet little lies....

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
My center has been pretty nonhostile but thats NOT going to last with our current path. I personally want to just do my job and be treated fairly but thats not how it works. Myself and others have been taken advantage of repeatedly by management because of our ignorance and inexperience. Management will say they are "following our contracts" so this motivated me to learn the contract and then realize they have been feeding us lines to get us to do what they want. "You can't file a grievence you need to come to us then give us 2 weeks to fix it then come back if its not fixed with a steward and give us 2 more weeks to fix it...." uhhh no. "If you come back under 8 hours work you need to switch to hours only" "morning meetings don't count towards 9.5" "you need to go back out again and deliver this" ect ect.

Catching them on their lies makes the job even more amusing, and I tell the new guys that when they get sick of getting the runaround to come find me or my buddies. I agree that I just wish to be left alone and do my job, but that’s not the way it works currently.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
My suggestion is for each part-timer shop steward to go to their people and show them the overwhelming bargaining power that exists in the UPS Teamsters part timer vote.

I think they need to know that there is power enough in the part timer vote to virtually control the UPS Teamsters bargaining issues.

I suggest the part-time shop stewards should meet to try and collectively harness this vote in solidarity for positive change for bargaining issues and for the correct power structure within the UPS Teamsters.

I firmly believe this would make for a better UPS for the Teamsters both now and in the future.

Part-Timer Power!!!!

542thruNthru

Suggestions? I mostly introduce myself to them whenever I work alongside them and give them a brief explanation with the bread and butter articles like harassment and supervisors working. I know Rome wasn’t built in a day, and perhaps I need to become more patient.
I don't know if you've answered this but I'm curious what area you're out of? Supplemental?

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?

As a wise senior member once said, “You can tell when they are lying because their lips are moving.”

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
It’s not about us vs them. It’s about holding the company accountable for breaching the contract. I have nothing but good rapport with management in my building, but I am not going to let myself be a pushover or let them get away with violating our rights. I WAD, follow the methods, and get to work on time. I may be a dick, but I am not a :censored2:.
get all the people thier working into the ground and ripping off at every opportunity to abide by this song