How to Properly Leave Union?

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
As soon as you drop anchor, then management will make harassing you until you quit or they can fire you, their favorite pastime.
They can try.
If you just couldn’t care any less about what they have to say then it makes the job easier.
Always fun seeing management get red in the face if they question me about performance and I just smile and walk to my truck.

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
Im not going to be receiving any benefits from the union. They kick in after a year, and i wont be at UPS for a year... It doesnt make any sense for me to pay into something that will not benefit me. If it were your money, you would practically try and save every cent you could, or you're either a fool or a liar. Scabs
well why did you choose ups and not some other warehouse job?

542thruNthru

We get it, you don’t like the union. View attachment 408752
beating-a-dead-horse-gif-4.gif
Cutest-Beating-Dead-Horse-GIF.gif

Your gif sucks so I thought I'd help you.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'm mid 20s I provide my health insurance not my parents. Your completely right tho, I know of no part time place that gives the health insurance, and tuition assistance like ups, which is why I've been here for years. Why I'd consider going full time with my degree and ongoing education. Ups/the union takes care of full time workers very well I think. I do totally understand people pay thousands for worse insurance my dad is gs-14 and when he pays for the top federal insurance it's still worse than part time ups which seems wild to me.

Part of why I still do pay into the union, I can be mad at drivers, mad at the union and still pay my dues.

Think of all your Asian ancestors that built this country and what they would have done for a union

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
I'm really trying to understand, I'm supposed to support a union that argues I should make $15.5/hr and people who are new hires should make $19/hr. I work part time at 16.xx working part time, but if I start driver helping I'll get cut to 15.5/hr while outside helpers get 19/hr. I've been at ups for years but the union very clearly only give a :censored2: about full timers. Thats where they get their money so it makes complete sense. Don't expect me to pay into something that doesn't care about me.
I like how you took my response to a post having nothing to do with a disparity of outside hire wages vs. established wages from 4 YEARS AGO and turned it into the argument YOU wanted to have instead. But here we go....

You're acting as if you represent part timers as a whole. Many part timers are interested in the sick days, vacation days, medical, dental, vision and pension contributions the peak hire doesn't see. The union has to represent the workforce as a whole. Their actual goal is to get as many opportunities for part timers to move into full time jobs and eventually retire.

As to your assertion that the union only gives a sh#t about full timers, well, that's actually the goal. Getting as many part timers into and protecting good full time jobs. I, for one, seem to remember 15 days in 1997, where I as a full timer and 10 year UPSer walked a picket line when the union was fighting for part timers and asked all of us to support a strike. We did. So to your point of the union only caring about full timers, the longest strike in UPS history was over part timers getting more full time opportunities.

So that leaves us with you complaining that for a couple weeks a year, an outside hire gets a few bucks an hour more used to entice them to come to our little hellhole for a few weeks. You say you've been working at UPS for years. You can't be naive enough to believe you'd have it better without a union. Can you? You feel like UPS management will give you a fair deal without the union. C'mon. Or, you're suggesting that because you alone feel slighted, you shouldn't have to pay dues because you're not "cared for" and let the burden fall to everyone else. I personally feel that you're being short-sighted, turning this into a one issue gripe, only looking at this from your perspective and therefore missing the whole point of a union.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I like how you took my response to a post having nothing to do with a disparity of outside hire wages vs. established wages from 4 YEARS AGO and turned it into the argument YOU wanted to have instead. But here we go....

You're acting as if you represent part timers as a whole. Many part timers are interested in the sick days, vacation days, medical, dental, vision and pension contributions the peak hire doesn't see. The union has to represent the workforce as a whole. Their actual goal is to get as many opportunities for part timers to move into full time jobs and eventually retire.

As to your assertion that the union only gives a sh#t about full timers, well, that's actually the goal. Getting as many part timers into and protecting good full time jobs. I, for one, seem to remember 15 days in 1997, where I as a full timer and 10 year UPSer walked a picket line when the union was fighting for part timers and asked all of us to support a strike. We did. So to your point of the union only caring about full timers, the longest strike in UPS history was over part timers getting more full time opportunities.

So that leaves us with you complaining that for a couple weeks a year, an outside hire gets a few bucks an hour more used to entice them to come to our little hellhole for a few weeks. You say you've been working at UPS for years. You can't be naive enough to believe you'd have it better without a union. Can you? You feel like UPS management will give you a fair deal without the union. C'mon. Or, you're suggesting that because you alone feel slighted, you shouldn't have to pay dues because you're not "cared for" and let the burden fall to everyone else. I personally feel that you're being short-sighted, turning this into a one issue gripe, only looking at this from your perspective and therefore missing the whole point of a union.
Bingo.