How to Properly Leave Union?

wilberforce15

Sorry I can't fix stupid because people were short sited

Attention healthcare is worth a little bit more than a new Xbox right now
They're not short sighted. They see just fine.
They're 18 and they have free insurance and medical care until they're 26.
So, getting free medical care doesn't do anything for them. They already have it, and they have no reason to stay in one location, let alone with one employer.
Most don't even want that sort of career, and seeing all the miserable, bitchy full-timers doesn't exactly encourage them.
They're making rational choices.

wilberforce15

Sorry I can't fix stupid because people were short sited

Attention healthcare is worth a little bit more than a new Xbox right now
Free healthcare is worth 0. They don't use health care, not even for annual check-ups. And it's either free on parents' insurance or on medicaid or just by not paying the bill when it comes.

The xbox actually has value.

upsperson

You don't get the bonus for being the best here
I'm coming to your job the best of your building you get the rewards if you go overboard

Just take pride in your craftsmanship that's all you can do
Take pride, ha I'll sooner produce intentional double digit misloads in the building in a day, done it before. Not on my trucks but where I'm expected to 'help'. How about pay me for the work I do? That's in addition to the more than everyone else in the building preload spot. On top of that because I don't just sit on my phone I get asked to do more.

There's no consequences, I could literally not work and be paid the same. Thanks union, you've insured quality work and hard workers. The whole being unfirable in a job people often leave their first day, that's a gray idea.

wilberforce15

Who do you think is on their parents insurance at ups? I know critical thinking isn't a strong point of many ups employees, but I'm sure you'll have an answer.
You can be covered as dependent on most insurance until 26 years old.

Between that and medicaid, no, the new guys do not need or want the UPS medical insurance. It has little or no value.

They're not short sighted. They see just fine.
They're 18 and they have free insurance and medical care until they're 26.
So, getting free medical care doesn't do anything for them. They already have it, and they have no reason to stay in one location, let alone with one employer.
Most don't even want that sort of career, and seeing all the miserable, bitchy full-timers doesn't exactly encourage them.
They're making rational choices.
Again nothing I can say

Take pride, ha I'll sooner produce intentional double digit misloads in the building in a day, done it before. Not on my trucks but where I'm expected to 'help'. How about pay me for the work I do? That's in addition to the more than everyone else in the building preload spot. On top of that because I don't just sit on my phone I get asked to do more.
Good luck in your career

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

There's no consequences, I could literally not work and be paid the same. Thanks union, you've insured quality work and hard workers. The whole being unfirable in a job people often leave their first day, that's a gray idea.
We get it, you don’t like the union.
56607525-1328-4EBD-9B2A-BE4F625A5ABB.gif

upsperson

Good luck in your career
Considering management loves me and I'm literally the only one double shifting in the building at 3 years, while I'm a full bore paid union member, while out performing literally every other preloader for pieces handled AND least misloads per pieces handled, I'm sure tomorrows my last day. Maybe the drivers with 30+ years will say no they don't want me tomorrow.

UnionStrong

I fell off my bike 2 months ago for medical bills more than my annual income, a surprising number of broken bones and head trauma, 2 weeks later I was in a car crash (not at fault dude ran a stop sign right as I was leaving preload). I promise I understand the value of the medical insurance when I paid 0 out of pocket for north of 2 years worth of income in medical bills in 2 months.

Ups pays that regardless, they still need someone to driver help, but since I already work for them they have to pay my insurance. So they are electing to say an outside person, who didn't load the truck, has never loaded or delivered, that's the person who deserves 30% more pay than me. When the route I typically help on, I load, I know the addresses, I could pick out more names and tell you the address they are at more than any other preloader, that means we should have an outside helpers that makes 30% more than me.

I'm not a driver, I don't want driver pay, I'm literally just asking to be paid similar to a new hire. But many seem to think I'm asking too much. After 3 years, I probably deserve new hire pay no?
009B2365-29DB-4EFB-BE39-2854BE8C8806.gif

UnionStrong

Considering management loves me and I'm literally the only one double shifting in the building at 3 years, while I'm a full bore paid union member, while out performing literally every other preloader for pieces handled AND least misloads per pieces handled, I'm sure tomorrows my last day. Maybe the drivers with 30+ years will say no they don't want me tomorrow.
Good luck in your future endeavors

upsperson

Considering management loves me and I'm literally the only one double shifting in the building at 3 years, while I'm a full bore paid union member, while out performing literally every other preloader for pieces handled AND least misloads per pieces handled, I'm sure tomorrows my last day.
We get it, you don’t like the union. View attachment 408752
Incorrect. I hate the union only as a part time employee. She's great for full timers.

Are the best sorter a live

upsperson

Are the best sorter a live
Not even, there's plenty of people I've worked with that outperform me. I'm slow. This building is awful and genuinely promotes incompetence, that's maybe why I'm more upset than anything else. If you are stupid, instead of firing you, making you quit, you get easier and easier work. If I can't handle 3 trucks I get 2, then 1, then sent to the sort isle, then unload, from unload you quit.

upsperson

There's a lot of truth to so, I definitely work harder than everyone else to my significant detriment, I know I shouldn't, working harder only means more work, not additional pay. But I hate to twiddle my thumbs. I get the ha ha he thinks he's the best loader ever, I'm not, I don't think I am. I think this particular building, 1/6 is friend---ed. I don't like how the union has this regional contract's set up, but my building here now is worse than the others. I'd say here's my building check but saying I run the most pieces means you could find me.
Management loves you, maybe that’s the problem.

upsperson

There's a lot of truth to so, I definitely work harder than everyone else to my significant detriment, I know I shouldn't, working harder only means more work, not additional pay. But I hate to twiddle my thumbs. I get the ha ha he thinks he's the best loader ever, I'm not, I don't think I am. I think this particular building, 1/6 is friend---ed. I don't like how the union has this regional contract's set up, but my building here now is worse than the others. I'd say here's my building check but saying I run the most pieces means you could find me.
Management definitely dumps all additional work to me. I'm fine with that for the most part, I'm being paid to work, I'll work, the fact other people are thumbing themselves isn't my issue. My issue again is the union saying I should be paid less than a new hire. If no one replies here shortly as genuinely as possible, I hope you have a great Thanksgiving. I definitely won't reply tomorrow but maybe the next day

Last edited: