How's North Carolina TEST STATION doing??

Serf

Since pickups are mostly later in the day you might see part timers running the sort and doing P-1 and fulltimers coming in near end of sort to do P-1 and stick around for pickups and reload. Basically trim your day at the start so that you aren't hanging around doing nothing for an hour or two everyday.
That’s a good point. And I bet not many will be too pleased with that scenario. Operational needs say we now need you to work basically a mid shift even though you’ve been working 7-5 for the last decade lol.

vantexan

That’s a good point. And I bet not many will be too pleased with that scenario. Operational needs say we now need you to work basically a mid shift even though you’ve been working 7-5 for the last decade lol.
And I'm sure they'd like a bunch of disgruntled topped out employees to quit so that they can replace them with cheaper part-timers.

KOG72

I’m full of it
I have a hunch that no one cares whether the guy who delivers the Express package that Walmart shipped is actually a Ground guy. Just because it's a big deal internally doesn't mean anything to the rest of the world.
Most of the customers I deliver to have always asked the same question why does Fed Ex deliver twice to me and it’s two different people.

BoxDriver

To all your customers that want to know why we have Ground/Express

Customer: The other Fedex guy was just here.

Me: Probably was the Express guy.

Customer: Why are there more than one FedEx?

Me: I can give you a link to a 24 page article that’s tells you why.

Customer: Never mind. See both you guys tomorrow I guess.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Customer: The other Fedex guy was just here.

Me: Probably was the Express guy.

Customer: Why are there more than one FedEx?

Me: I can give you a link to a 24 page article that’s tells you why.

Customer: Never mind. See both you guys tomorrow I guess.

Me: There has been more than one FedEx for 20 years. You've had plenty of time to Google it.

59 Dano

Now, it's the workers duty to organize because Express should now be NLRA.

Wrong. Again. Why don't you bother doing research on this kind of stuff instead of your usual partisan histrionics that can be debunked by anyone who DOES do research on this kind of stuff?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Wrong. Again. Why don't you bother doing research on this kind of stuff instead of your usual partisan histrionics that can be debunked by anyone who DOES do research on this kind of stuff?

Integrated ops negate the RLA exemption. You are a true idiot. No research necessary.

59 Dano

I think it's a calculated risk. They probably figure a challenge would be stuck in the courts for quite some time.

In light of the government's criteria for determining whether or not an employee should be covered by the RLA vs. the NLRB, what is the argument to make against Express couriers being covered by the RLA?

MAKAVELI

In light of the government's criteria for determining whether or not an employee should be covered by the RLA vs. the NLRB, what is the argument to make against Express couriers being covered by the RLA?
They almost got their exemption taken away before. I think this just blurs the lines even further as to why they should keep their exemption.