How's North Carolina TEST STATION doing??

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This isn't a case of integrated ops and it's clear you don't research anything.

Exactly what a company shill would be expected to say. And, vantexan, you are approaching Dano status as a clueless fool.

Please tell us why it isn't integrated, Mr. Genius.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
They almost got their exemption taken away before. I think this just blurs the lines even further as to why they should keep their exemption.

In light of the government's criteria for determining whether or not an employee should be covered by the RLA vs. the NLRB, what is the argument to make against Express couriers being covered by the RLA?

59 Dano

Exactly what a company shill would be expected to say. And, vantexan, you are approaching Dano status as a clueless fool.

Please tell us why it isn't integrated, Mr. Genius.

Because "integrated" has a definition and Express using Ground as a third party cartage agent doesn't fit that definition. The federal government has criteria that it uses to determine whether employees should be covered by the RLA as opposed to the NLRB. I'll ask you the same question that Maka can't answer: based on those criteria, what's the argument for classifying Express employees under the NLRB?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Because "integrated" has a definition and Express using Ground as a third party cartage agent doesn't fit that definition. The federal government has criteria that it uses to determine whether employees should be covered by the RLA as opposed to the NLRB. I'll ask you the same question that Maka can't answer: based on those criteria, what's the argument for classifying Express employees under the NLRB?

So says you. "Combining" using Ground isn't going to pass the smell test. Because all you smell is Fred's farts, it does, of course.

Let's see what happens, Mr. Genius.

My argument is that it's all one operation, hidden under the "third party" BS language. It will end up in the courts.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Most of the customers I deliver to have always asked the same question why does Fed Ex deliver twice to me and it’s two different people.
Imagine how we feel having to explain when a customer says, FedEx just left. Or being at someone’s house at the same time as a Ground driver. :(

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Ever since we started accepting Ground packages in dropboxes, I will usually go ahead and take the Ground stuff if the costumer asks me to. It just looks bad, letting it set there for days.
I always tell them first that if I take it, it won’t go out til the next day because I get back after Ground picks up at my station. They almost always say, That’s fine. I don’t care when it gets there.....then I take it.

bbsam

Staff member
I always tell them first that if I take it, it won’t go out til the next day because I get back after Ground picks up at my station. They almost always say, That’s fine. I don’t care when it gets there.....then I take it.
I find this hilarious in light of all the “But all the people will be upset if Ground delivers an Express package!!!!”

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I find this hilarious in light of all the “But all the people will be upset if Ground delivers an Express package!!!!”
Anyway, I’m sure they won’t get mad at Ground delivering their packages. They’ll get mad at paying the higher price for Express delivery and then Ground delivering their package. Two different things.

dezguy

Anyway, I’m sure they won’t get mad at Ground delivering their packages. They’ll get mad at paying the higher price for Express delivery and then Ground delivering their package. Two different things.
Very few, if any will even realize it's a different opco. Makes total sense now why they changed the ground colours to match that of Express. 90% of the ground trucks I see don't even say ground on them anymore, just FedEx. Customers aren't going to question getting their shipment, especially if it's on time.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Very few, if any will even realize it's a different opco. Makes total sense now why they changed the ground colours to match that of Express. 90% of the ground trucks I see don't even say ground on them anymore, just FedEx. Customers aren't going to question getting their shipment, especially if it's on time.
You can tell by the bums they have driiving ground compared to the Express drivers.

dezguy

You can tell by the bums they have driiving ground compared to the Express drivers.
Honestly, some of the new people we have working at my sta aren't any better looking. Don't shave for days, full arm sleeve tattoos, etc. Express has had to relax their appearance policy in order to attract people willing to work here, especially when they learn you have to start pt and wait for ft.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Honestly, some of the new people we have working at my sta aren't any better looking. Don't shave for days, full arm sleeve tattoos, etc. Express has had to relax their appearance policy in order to attract people willing to work here, especially when they learn you have to start pt and wait for ft.
I have noticed the ground drivers out later around here

59 Dano

So says you. "Combining" using Ground isn't going to pass the smell test. Because all you smell is Fred's farts, it does, of course.

Let's see what happens, Mr. Genius.

My argument is that it's all one operation, hidden under the "third party" BS language. It will end up in the courts.

There are standards for this determination and you know exactly what they are. The fact that you can't base your argument for NLRB status on those standards tells us all what we already knew - there is no argument and that's why you're pulling arguments out of thin air (if not your arse) instead.