Huge layoffs are happening to 22.4s

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I agree with you and the Union in this matter. Now if we can just get the laid off drivers to come in. They look at a lay off like it is a vacation.
They are going to be in a huge mess if they think they can make me into an on-call driver while on layoff. They specifically axed 22.4 jobs, that means NO driving responsibilities. NO uniform and appearance standards, etc. Failure to follow weekly scheduling, mis-classification, failure to provide timely notice of layoff recall.
I would work under protest and get back-pay for every minute I was "laid off" that week.
The intent when going over 22.4 language in our local was to eliminate the need for two on-call drivers. I literally don't see a way the company can spin this into a win for them.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

Being forced to work 6 days a week for over a year sounds like he has a weak ba. To my knowledge not one person has been fired and not successfully gotten their job back for refusing a 6th punch.
Not one person has been fired here either, but that has nothing to do with the BA it’s just a matter of fact that the company can’t fire everyone. If it’s not in your supplement that you don’t have to work six if you’re forced and the company really wants to push it what would you expect the BA to do? The best he could do is take it to a panel and let them decide.

Brownwind

They are going to be in a huge mess if they think they can make me into an on-call driver while on layoff. They specifically axed 22.4 jobs, that means NO driving responsibilities. NO uniform and appearance standards, etc. Failure to follow weekly scheduling, mis-classification, failure to provide timely notice of layoff recall.
I would work under protest and get back-pay for every minute I was "laid off" that week.
The intent when going over 22.4 language in our local was to eliminate the need for two on-call drivers. I literally don't see a way the company can spin this into a win for them.
Yeah I was asked to hang out on call this morning. I’m an old man who loves to sleep so I shut my phone off and waited for the call. Funny thing… I never got one.

Just don’t be a jerk and enjoy this downtime. Remember the past two and a half years when we worked nonstop? I do. Now it’s time to chill and reap the benefits of our hard work.
I’m working only about 48.5 hour’s in the past three work weeks and I feel great. It’s true I’m only bringing home about 1500 but the trade off is worth it. More time with the mrs at the cabin and less stress.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Update: snow that's been in the forecast since last week when layoffs were started now has the company recalling all or nearly all laid off 22.4 drivers (with less than 24 hours' notice mind you.) They are giving part-time employees dozens of VLO a day in lieu of FT drivers. Bad planning or no planning at all, basically the definition of UPS.

PT Car Washer

Update: snow that's been in the forecast since last week when layoffs were started now has the company recalling all or nearly all laid off 22.4 drivers (with less than 24 hours' notice mind you.) They are giving part-time employees dozens of VLO a day in lieu of FT drivers. Bad planning or no planning at all, basically the definition of UPS.
Took a ground driver out of service today and had air drivers finish up the route while having a laid off driver working the car wash. Contract violation?