Huge layoffs are happening to 22.4s

Thebrownblob

Took a ground driver out of service today and had air drivers finish up the route while having a laid off driver working the car wash. Contract violation?
depends where the laid off drivers working in the building and present and available? Did they ask them? We had something similar happen here today, but not because of a termination, but because of call ins.

PT Car Washer

depends where the laid off drivers working in the building and present and available? Did they ask them? We had something similar happen here today, but not because of a termination, but because of call ins.
Not sure of the details because no one asked me to work. Union members are so busy watching to see if I perform any ground deliveries or pick ups that it leaves the other air drivers alone to work. I don't really care if I work or not at this point.

Thebrownblob

Not sure of the details because no one asked me to work. Union members are so busy watching to see if I perform any ground deliveries or pick ups that it leaves the other air drivers alone to work. I don't really care if I work or not at this point.
Well, if you were present, and available, and there were no other full-time employees, I think you should’ve had the right to work in an emergency situation.

PT Car Washer

Well, if you were present, and available, and there were no other full-time employees, I think you should’ve had the right to work in an emergency situation.
I already had close to 4 hours delivering air and still had to work 5 hours in the car wash later in the day. Starting to slow down at 67. Hope to start training for a 5k when the weather gets better.

I run three days a week in the winter on one. It is definitely boring.
ugtDoVAyV4xZ6.gif

Up In Smoke

Banks and foreign.
A lot of banks around here mainly BOA are purchasing homes and paying property management and renting them out.
$250k homes being rented out for $21-$2400 a month. Kind of ridiculous. I have a $250k home and a $1300 mortgage.
That $1300 must be only principle and interest unless you had a large down payment. My wife and I just walked through a 180k house yesterday with our daughter and future son-in-law. After 10% down and a first time home buyer mortgage program, their payment would be over $1300. We crunched the numbers and determined they would pay $805.00 more per month to purchase than rent the same square footage. I know every market is different, but this is not the time to buy. IMO

Thebrownblob

That $1300 must be only principle and interest unless you had a large down payment. My wife and I just walked through a 180k house yesterday with our daughter and future son-in-law. After 10% down and a first time home buyer mortgage program, their payment would be over $1300. We crunched the numbers and determined they would pay $805.00 more per month to purchase than rent the same square footage. I know every market is different, but this is not the time to buy. IMO
I haven’t seen $180,000 house for quite a few years. At least not one in a decent neighborhood.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Every market is different per city. Here it’s in heard of now. I bought before everything went up.

Up In Smoke

I haven’t seen $180,000 house for quite a few years. At least not one in a decent neighborhood.
This is a 1050 sq ft single story 2 bedroom home. It was built in 2019 for an elderly gentleman in a wheelchair. It also features 9ft basement walls and 2nd bathroom subbed in. A fully fenced in yard and 2.5 car two story garage. The city is building a new elementary school 3 blocks away and there's a city park 2 blocks away. The neighborhood is all single family homes near shopping center and retail stores.

Thebrownblob

This is a 1050 sq ft single story 2 bedroom home. It was built in 2019 for an elderly gentleman in a wheelchair. It also features 9ft basement walls and 2nd bathroom subbed in. A fully fenced in yard and 2.5 car two story garage. The city is building a new elementary school 3 blocks away and there's a city park 2 blocks away. The neighborhood is all single family homes near shopping center and retail stores.
Sounds like a good investment