Huge layoffs are happening to 22.4s

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
In my center if I file on this the union steward ends up taking that money and not me.
you can fax them directly but seniority rules in these cases so whoever files with the highest seniority gets the penalty pay. It's kinda messed up but logic has it you'd want the company to pay out the highest wage tier possible as a penalty.
That's a company problem.

UPS.... should make it worth everyone's while to be there.
Without PAS and with lighter sets, even more misloads and laziness they've gone from ~29 hours to 25 or less and that would break the bank out here with the only saving grace being you can drive in and out of work from far away without any traffic.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I've told this story before.

A neighbor asked me if I could get his son a job at UPS. I said nope. He will have to go through the

same application process as everyone else. If he passed a 30 day probation, I would check in on him.

He lasted 1 1/2 days and walked out at break.

The irony was.... 6 months later, he was asking me if he could get a job in IT....

because he was "good with computers". I asked him if he any of the Microsoft certifications ?

Deer in the headlights look. Poor kid.... was 5'6" and 350 lbs.

@PT Car Washer this is the available job pool.

The company is going to need to pony up money to attract a more diligent PT work force.

Unless.... they don't care.

I've told this story before.

A neighbor asked me if I could get his son a job at UPS. I said nope. He will have to go through the

same application process as everyone else. If he passed a 30 day probation, I would check in on him.

He lasted 1 1/2 days and walked out at break.

The irony was.... 6 months later, he was asking me if he could get a job in IT....

because he was "good with computers". I asked him if he any of the Microsoft certifications ?

Deer in the headlights look. Poor kid.... was 5'6" and 350 lbs.

@PT Car Washer this is the available job pool.

The company is going to need to pony up money to attract a more diligent PT work force.

Unless.... they don't care.
Most of these kids don't care about the benefits nor they know how important they are.
But you are correct there are many places paying above what UPS is paying

Thebrownblob

UPS did keep hiring and now we have lay offs. Sad when you have to hire 5 drivers for 4 jobs because you never know when one will be a no call no show.
OK then if they’re laying off, you shouldn’t be working as a driver this is pretty simple stuff. Get those laid off people are working in the building. They can be called back at any time.

OK then if they’re laying off, you shouldn’t be working as a driver this is pretty simple stuff. Get those laid off people are working in the building. They can be called back at any time.
I agree with you and the Union in this matter. Now if we can just get the laid off drivers to come in. They look at a lay off like it is a vacation.

Thebrownblob

I agree with you and the Union in this matter. Now if we can just get the laid off drivers to come in. They look at a lay off like it is a vacation.
If they took a hard layoff without pay that’s their choice, but if they worked in the building, the company has the right to call them back.

JustDeliverIt

As much as I love my kids.... I bounced their butt out the door at 18.

That's what my Dad did with me. "Fly.... or Fry".

:biggrin:

My oldest has been out for a while but just turned 26 (don’t have to live at home to stay on insurance). Next one is finishing up under grad work and is wondering if grad school will be completed before off my insurance.

HavenoEDD

Folks staying out late and working optional 6th lunches are hurting those with no seniority. Some of us take an over here and there to keep them on road as long as possible but the company is making this a yearly thing. When the vacations start, they’ll be back.