Huge Strike Fund….NOT

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
He started it and kept on going.
I have some good points.
My fault for not articulating them well.

This contract is the largest in the country, lots of smaller companies are watching very closely.
The teamsters need to win big, but not shoot for the moon.
This negotiation will set a big precedent.
Companies need to share in the wealth, but the lions share will and should lay with the shareholders.
It any of you started a business, you take the risks, you hire employees and you keep the lions share.

I don’t want to a strike. An agreement probably will be reached. But was at this company long enough to see the operation is being dumbed down in preparation for separation from the union.

It’s coming sooner or later.
_r9QZi.gif

pkgdriver

We had the option to convert it to stock. Not everyone did. We had a driver who converted his Thrift Plan money (I'm guessing $50,000 into all OPL stock that was later found to be illegal and I believe he lost it all. When you chose to buy stock at first you were sold it in blocks of 3 UPS stocks and one OPL stock. OPL was a scam company ran by UPS that operated "off shore" and involved package insurance money. I THINK that is the way it worked back then. It's been a LONG time ago.
I didnt lose any money in OPL shares. I dont believe anybody else in my center did either. A tax court ruled it was a sham which was later overturned. Yes you are correct in the 3 to 1 ratio. OPL was later (2006?)rundown and assets distributed.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I didnt lose any money in OPL shares. I dont believe anybody else in my center did either. A tax court ruled it was a sham which was later overturned. Yes you are correct in the 3 to 1 ratio. OPL was later (2006?)rundown and assets distributed.
No one lost money, unless you were a complete idiot.

9.5mania

I think the point is that UPS knows how far that fund will go. And that many can not survive a week without a check. Just reality.
This is why it’s important to keep our members informed. Every reoccurring bill like credit cards, mortgages, auto loans, etc will allow a forbearance for strikes. Everyone who hasn’t prepared just needs to make arrangements. We need to tell the younger folks about this option.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
This is why it’s important to keep our members informed. Every reoccurring bill like credit cards, mortgages, auto loans, etc will allow a forbearance for strikes. Everyone who hasn’t prepared just needs to make arrangements. We need to tell the younger folks about this option.
Good luck with that