Hybrids

davidix

You are missing the fact that you have to put in your time before you get the perks. Welcome to the real world. When you have worked 25 years like the old timer next to you you will get your 7 weeks vacation (that is if you fight for decent contracts unlike what is going on with the union now). Believe it or not seniority is a good thing.
That was my original point. I dont bitch about not having 7 weeks of vaca. Nor do I sit here crying about their easy routes( that they earned) my point is that these hybrids are going to have the opportunity to become full time with time while helping the guys in the middle like myself. Heck it will even help the swing drivers. Maybe it will allow people some extra time with their families instead of spending their life in a truck.

542thruNthru

That was my original point. I dont bitch about not having 7 weeks of vaca. Nor do I sit here crying about their easy routes( that they earned) my point is that these hybrids are going to have the opportunity to become full time with time while helping the guys in the middle like myself. Heck it will even help the swing drivers. Maybe it will allow people some extra time with their families instead of spending their life in a truck.

What exactly do you think a 22.4s job is going to be?

bumped

You don't believe that … Do you?

UPS doesn't give a :censored2: about your family time.

Staydryitsraining

According to what I'm hearing a 22.4 will not be allowed to bid to anything else.

lolbr

...They deserve 9.5 protection? Why exactly do they deserve that?...
Everyone deserves 9.5. There is no reason any union employee at UPS should be required to work that long (except maybe a few select feeder routes, but those you can bid on if you choose).

Now if someone wants the extra hours, there should be an "extra work" list they can add their name to.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Seniority is crap.
Benefits and rewards should be based on merit and performance, not simply who has been hanging around the longest like a tick on UPS's ass. I've seen enough idiots at my center with "seniority" and the crap they get away with to know better.
The only thing the union seems to be good for is protecting incompetent, lazy morons who would get fired anywhere else.

As my wife likes to say. Too bad, so sad.

Getting the big bucks and sweet routes will always be based on seniority. Always has always will.

PT Car Washer

Everyone deserves 9.5. There is no reason any union employee at UPS should be required to work that long (except maybe a few select feeder routes, but those you can bid on if you choose).

Now if someone wants the extra hours, there should be an "extra work" list they can add their name to.
I asked a Union steward about that one day and he told me PT is not in the classification for 8 hour or 9.5 protection. I suppose Art 22.4 employees would also be included in that assessment.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Seniority is crap.
Benefits and rewards should be based on merit and performance, not simply who has been hanging around the longest like a tick on UPS's ass.
I've seen enough idiots at my center with "seniority" and the crap they get away with to know better.
The only thing the union seems to be good for is protecting incompetent, lazy morons who would get fired anywhere else.
Go into management. You'll get all the "merit" and "performance" based raises and promotions you can handle

rod

Retired 22 years
Seniority is crap.
Benefits and rewards should be based on merit and performance, not simply who has been hanging around the longest like a tick on UPS's ass.
I've seen enough idiots at my center with "seniority" and the crap they get away with to know better.
jealousy will get you no where

rod

Retired 22 years
Seniority is crap.
Gee--I wonder what generation this guy is from? He wants it all NOW---he must be one of them ...........

lolbr

I asked a Union steward about that one day and he told me PT is not in the classification for 8 hour or 9.5 protection. I suppose Art 22.4 employees would also be included in that assessment.
They aren't, but they should be.

Also, for part time, even 9.5 is a long day. Most part time employees either go to school or work another job. If you tell someone they are only guaranteed 3.5 hours, they shouldn't have to plan their life around "UPS wants me to work 10 hours on short notice".

CitizenTruth

Seniority is crap.
Bet you enjoy your benefits and wages the company gave you right ? Oh wait the company wouldnt give you anything if the union didn't fight for it. This is a union shop if you dont like it seek employment somewhere else stop shi tting on our union!!! The company's idea of merit for your performance is more work, if you dont think fair treatment in the workplace is needed, once again find anotherrrrrr jobbbbb

browned out

And the criminals at the IBT create a new classification that has no excessive OT rights....ever.
Vote the pieces of work out.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Request an 8hr day.
9.5 list provides people with time with family. Hybrid is just forcing someone else to work 12hrs a day so you don't have to.

Johnny123456789

Seniority is crap.

Bingo! Seniority is crap. And it's not even fully used correctly or even understood.

We have a 60 year old part timer with 30 years of seniority, but we also have a 21 year old with 1 year full time seniority.

The full timer kid just booted the 60 year old recently.

The 60 year old worked for the company longer and paid his union dues longer. Seriously, the part timer was loading packages before the full timer was even born! Lol!!!

So tell me how seniority is respected? Oh...... So this is about full time vs part time senioriy? Well just stop calling it a Union. Stop calling it Teamsters. Stop calling it a brotherhood.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Bingo! Seniority is crap. And it's not even fully used correctly or even understood.

We have a 60 year old part timer with 30 years of seniority, but we also have a 21 year old with 1 year full time seniority.

The 60 year old worked for the company longer and paid his union dues longer. Seriously, the part timer was loading packages before the full timer was even born! Lol!!!

So tell me how seniority is respected? Oh...... So this is about full time vs part time senioriy? Well just stop calling it a Union. Stop calling it Teamsters. Stop calling it a brotherhood.
3F6E6536-46B8-4D85-884B-F3832EEA176D.gif
891EF0B6-CAEF-47DF-8380-3C1AE25871BC.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Parttimers are disposable