Hybrids

InsideUPS

Seniority is crap.
Benefits and rewards should be based on merit and performance

Wow!! You most definitely need to give up your Union job at your earliest convenience. FedEx, Walmart, etc., are all accepting applications. Maybe they will do better at recognizing your "merit and performance". You also may be interested in going into UPS management where they now recognized "merit and performance" by reducing benefits, increasing work hours, and putting you in "no win" situations.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Wow!! You most definitely need to give up your Union job at your earliest convenience. FedEx, Walmart, etc., are all accepting applications. Maybe they will do better at recognizing your "merit and performance". You also may be interested in going into UPS management where they now recognized "merit and performance" by reducing benefits, increasing work hours, and putting you in "no win" situations.

:censored2: if that isn't the truth. I don't like my driver sup but man we rode together Saturday for space and vis which was fine. After chatting the whole day I genuinely felt bad for the guy. How much they work them, :censored2:ty benefits and a plethora of other things. Hope he gets out to something better like the last center manager did. Found a new respect for him after the ride.

Needabiggerhammer

Everyone deserves 9.5. There is no reason any union employee at UPS should be required to work that long (except maybe a few select feeder routes, but those you can bid on if you choose).

Now if someone wants the extra hours, there should be an "extra work" list they can add their name to.
Two words. Or two numbers. Or whatever.

Four tens.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
:censored2: if that isn't the truth. I don't like my driver sup but man we rode together Saturday for space and vis which was fine. After chatting the whole day I genuinely felt bad for the guy. How much they work them, :censored2:ty benefits and a plethora of other things. Hope he gets out to something better like the last center manager did. Found a new respect for him after the ride.
It would be hard for me to feel sorry for any current management around here . I haven't met one in 10 years that I've had any respect for at all. Most are arrogant piles of dung that hide behind their positions, but hide from you on the weekend when they see you in the Lowes parking lot.

Bob11B

Serious question and some won’t like this but....when you started at UPS, you did know the drivers worked lots of hours and late nights, right? At least we are compensated with paid OT. Many other jobs (in the business world) people don’t get to go home until the job is completed...put in your time, earn your seniority and your time off.

InsideUPS

Serious question and some won’t like this but....when you started at UPS, you did know the drivers worked lots of hours and late nights, right? At least we are compensated with paid OT. Many other jobs (in the business world) people don’t get to go home until the job is completed...put in your time, earn your seniority and your time off.

The answer to your question..."when you started at UPS, you did know the drivers worked lots of hours and late nights, right? is "yes they did". Drivers in our centers (for the most part) are now working fewer hours than they ever have with this relatively new "9.5 initiative" in place. Some drivers thrive and want OT...

FWIW.....my son is a resident physician that often works 12 hour days with 24 hour shifts expected at least 4 days per month. His yearly salary is significantly less than a full time driver and has about $190K in medical school loan debt. Patients can and do spit, kick, bite, punch, etc.. Healthcare benefits are less than what we have under TeamCare. I only mention this in case some of your drivers want to quit driving and are considering a medical career.

UPS jobs in general are some of the best in the world. There is not a part-time job that exists anywhere that pays what I make in addition to the 7 weeks paid vacation and more than excellent health care benefits I receive through TeamCare. While I can and do criticize my Union and UPS at times....... I still appreciate them both and would not have it any other way or work for any other company. UPS has been good to both my family and I over the past 40 years.

PT Car Washer

The answer to your question..."when you started at UPS, you did know the drivers worked lots of hours and late nights, right? is "yes they did". Drivers in our centers (for the most part) are now working fewer hours than they ever have with this relatively new "9.5 initiative" in place. Some drivers thrive and want OT...

FWIW.....my son is a resident physician that often works 12 hour days with 24 hour shifts expected at least 4 days per month. His yearly salary is significantly less than a full time driver and has about $190K in medical school loan debt. Patients can and do spit, kick, bite, punch, etc.. Healthcare benefits are less than what we have under TeamCare. I only mention this in case some of your drivers want to quit driving and are considering a medical career.

UPS jobs in general are some of the best in the world. There is not a part-time job that exists anywhere that pays what I make in addition to the 7 weeks paid vacation and more than excellent health care benefits I receive through TeamCare. While I can and do criticize my Union and UPS at times....... I still appreciate them both and would not have it any other way or work for any other company. UPS has been good to both my family and I over the past 40 years.
Where else can a person make $35/hr working a PT job?

UPSER1987

Seniority is crap.
Benefits and rewards should be based on merit and performance, not simply who has been hanging around the longest like a tick on UPS's ass.
I've seen enough idiots at my center with "seniority" and the crap they get away with to know better.
The only thing the union seems to be good for is protecting incompetent, lazy morons who would get fired anywhere else.

How long have you worked here and just figured this out? Only a complete idiot could get fired from UPS.

CalDrvr06

At my hub, we been having on road sups doing s&v rides with higher seniority part times when were over staffed right now. 22.4 ???

22.34life

Seniority is crap.
Benefits and rewards should be based on merit and performance, not simply who has been hanging around the longest like a tick on UPS's ass.
I've seen enough idiots at my center with "seniority" and the crap they get away with to know better.
The only thing the union seems to be good for is protecting incompetent, lazy morons who would get fired anywhere else.
remember this when ur 55 years old and 35 years in and there is a young punk who can do what u do with one hand tied behind his back.rember what u said "seniority is crap".every body thinks that until they have it,remember EVERBODY has been where u have been and now they are where they are,PUT IN UR TIME and post when u have a clue son.

Fnix

Employees would rather make $40 an hr and be out of a job in 5 years because of the competitions labor margins versus keeping a lower pay rate and having a job for the next 20.

allahuakbar

She/Her
Employees would rather make $40 an hr and be out of a job in 5 years because of the competitions labor margins versus keeping a lower pay rate and having a job for the next 20.
If we all lived in florida we could probably afford being paid under $40

remember this when ur 55 years old and 35 years in and there is a young punk who can do what u do with one hand tied behind his back.rember what u said "seniority is crap".every body thinks that until they have it,remember EVERBODY has been where u have been and now they are where they are,PUT IN UR TIME and post when u have a clue son.
Seniority is crap. The young punks suck.