Hybrids

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by davidix, Apr 6, 2019.

1. InsideUPS

InsideUPS Active Member

Wow!! You most definitely need to give up your Union job at your earliest convenience. FedEx, Walmart, etc., are all accepting applications. Maybe they will do better at recognizing your "merit and performance". You also may be interested in going into UPS management where they now recognized "merit and performance" by reducing benefits, increasing work hours, and putting you in "no win" situations.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Heavy Package

Heavy Package Active Member

A brain

3. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

That's called management....

4. Misthios

Misthios I love my job. Don't you?

:censored2: if that isn't the truth. I don't like my driver sup but man we rode together Saturday for space and vis which was fine. After chatting the whole day I genuinely felt bad for the guy. How much they work them, :censored2:ty benefits and a plethora of other things. Hope he gets out to something better like the last center manager did. Found a new respect for him after the ride.

5. Two words. Or two numbers. Or whatever.

Four tens.

6. lolbr

lolbr Member

I'd gladly switch to four ten hour days. Get it in the contract and have it a bid job. But knowing UPS, a four ten bid would really be a four twelve job.

7. Rack em

Rack em 2018 Brown Cafe Fantasy Football Champion

And they wouldn't pay overtime until after 10 instead of after 8.

8. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

It would be hard for me to feel sorry for any current management around here . I haven't met one in 10 years that I've had any respect for at all. Most are arrogant piles of dung that hide behind their positions, but hide from you on the weekend when they see you in the Lowes parking lot.

9. Bob11B

Bob11B Active Member

Serious question and some won’t like this but....when you started at UPS, you did know the drivers worked lots of hours and late nights, right? At least we are compensated with paid OT. Many other jobs (in the business world) people don’t get to go home until the job is completed...put in your time, earn your seniority and your time off.

10. I'm on 4-10's now. Not a driver though.